14 Aug 2016
Research Technician Job at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
by Jobzilla Nigeria at 8/14/2016 10:13:00 am Tags: International Institute of Tropical Agriculture , Oyo State , Research Technician
of the tropics. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Technician I
Reference: Ref. IITA-HR-NRS2016-026A
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assists in fishing and preparing nematodes for culturing;
- Assist in all laboratory research activities;
- Assist in keep an up-to-date record of laboratory samples and extraction;
- Assist in data collection and entry;
- Assist in supervision of casual workers;
- Assists in nematodes counting and identification;
- Assist in nematodes culturing;
- Actively participate in field layout, planting and sample collection;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- OND in General Agriculture preferably Crop protection, Crop production or related field.
- At least two (2) years relevant experience in a similar role.
Ideal Candidate must:
- Be organized and patience to attention.
- Be dependable takes initiative and ready to accept responsibilities.
- Have good critical and interpersonal skills.
- Have driving skills
- Have good time management skills.
- Have basic training in laboratory activities.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant's current or previous organization or applicant's direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply
Click here for more information (PDF)
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates
Application Deadline 18th August, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.