8 Aug 2016
Search for Common Ground Africa Program Fall Internship Programme
Brussels, Belgium, SFCG’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict - away from adversarial approaches and toward cooperative solutions. SFCG seeks to help conflicting parties understand their differences and act on their commonalities. With a total of approximately 400 staff worldwide, SFCG implements projects from 55 offices in 35 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. The organization is an exciting and rewarding place to work, with dedicated and enthusiastic staffs who love their work. You will be joining a highly motivated staff with a good team spirit and there will be opportunities to grow.
The Africa Program is active in Angola, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Côte d'Ivoire, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Madagascar, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zimbabwe. The intern will support the Africa Team in providing programmatic, logistical, and financial support to SFCG's projects in the region. For more information on our projects in Sub-Saharan Africa.
The internship begins in August or September and continues through to December and is based in Washington DC.
- Contributing to the production of donor reports and grant proposals;
- Attending policy meetings, representing the Africa Program;
- Backstopping the Washington DC-based Africa Team and country offices overseas; and
- Assisting with website, program literature and database system maintenance.
- Good writing, editing and communication skills (required);
- A self-starting, detail-oriented and flexible approach to tasks (required);
- Demonstrable interest in African issues and/or conflict resolution (required); and
- NGO and/or international experience (preferred);
- Fluency or advanced proficiency in French with a focus on writing is preferred;
How to Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and two one-page writing samples (one in English, and one in French if possible) in document through our Application System. We require commitments of no less than twenty-four hours a week for this position. Please note that this position is unpaid. Credit can be arranged for students with their institution.
For international applicants, Search for Common Ground is not responsible for providing student or work visas; you will need to make your own visa arrangements. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone Calls please. Please see our web site www.sfcg.org for more details.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.