15 Aug 2016
SPDC (SHELL) LiveWIRE Nigeria Programme 2016
Programme specifically targeted at youths in Ogoniland.
LiveWIRE is a youth enterprise development programme supported by the SPDC JV. The programme aims to inspire, encourage and support young entrepreneurs aged 18-35 to start their own businesses through the provision of training and startup finance.
2016 LiveWIRE Nigeria Programme
The LiveWIRE programme objectives are to:
- Enable youths to establish businesses by providing business planning and management skills through the ‘Become a Successful Business Owner Course’.
- Provide business startup grants for candidates with the best business plans.
- Link successful candidates to third parties like banks, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and allied financial institutions.
- Provide a volunteer mentoring programme for successful candidates.
- Pre-startup:- Value and Organise Yourself (VOY)
- Business Startup (How to access finance & technology)
- Post startup (Mentoring, Incubation, Market linkages)
- Bright Ideas workshop
- Business Planning & Management (Become a Successful Business Owner)
- Male and female applicants who are indigenes of communities in the following 4 Ogoni LGAs in Rivers State: Eleme, Tai, Gokana, and Khana aged between 18-35;
- Must be resident in Rivers State;
- Must have an innovative business idea; and
- Must desire to own and manage a business.
- Must possess a university degree or HND
- Must possess the NYSC discharge certificate or certificate of exemption;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- SPDC does not demand payment from applicants. The application is entirely FREE of charge.
- SPDC does not assign ‘Representatives’/‘Agents’ to assist in the application process.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.