Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on
emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s
financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the
Stanbic IBTC Bank is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Client Analyst, Client Coverage (FMCG)
Job ID: 18602
Location: Lagos Island
Job Sector: Banking
- Conduct on-going research and analysis to enable the
Relationship Managers to fully understand the clients’ business,
context, and identify potential business opportunities for the bank.
- Interpret the research findings and analytics. Make
recommendations regarding potential opportunities or risks so that the
Relationship Manager is able to proactively identify solutions or
mitigate commercial risks.
- Client and industry research and analysis: Conduct research on
clients, their business, operations and performance, as well as trends
in their specific industries at the request of the Relationship
Managers. Up-to-date and on-going client and industry information, which
can be used to identify opportunities and risks.
- Client relationship management: Compile and analyse information
regarding sales activity and business pipeline. Provide the Relationship
Managers with analysis that can be used to inform their account
- Client Deal Enablement: (Note that it is the decision of the CB
Head that either a new role is defined / current one extended for the
Product Credit Committee (PCC) and Client support functions that CB will
provide for all CIB clients across product/business lines). On-going
review of client base for potential High Risk clients. Consistent client
deal enablement at required standard.
- Develop and prepare credit paper for submission to the Product Credit Committee (PCC) in conjunction with Relationship Manager.
- Develop and prepare appropriate documentation to complete annual credit review in conjunction with the Relationship Manager.
- Interact and liaise with clients with the purpose of providing
or requesting information, to assist in the deal execution and/or
gathering critical information for the bank. Provide on-going assistance
to Relationship Managers in the implementation of the agreements.
- Information Management: Ensure that the client information is
updated in all the relevant information systems, and when out-dated,
liaise with clients to gather the updated information. Updated client
information that can be used for analysis and marketing purposes.
- Compile and analyse reports on client profitability, product
profitability and provide input to the budget planning and performance
management process. Ensure updated and accurate information that can be
used for budget planning or performance analysis.
- Support the Credit Process: Support RMs in the credit process
including credit applications, PCC (paper preparation), excess
management, compliance related issues to achieve zero write-off of debt,
zero operational loss issues and other relevant workflows between
credit and coverage. Assist in conducting an efficient credit process.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Business related field.
- A post graduate business degree will be considered an advantage.
- 1 to 2 years in the Banking, Financial Services or Business Consulting.
- Experience in conducting research and analytics, supported by strong computer proficiency skills.
The job holder should as a minimum have the following traits / abilities and personal characteristics:
- Good verbal communication
- Ability to express ideas, analysis, findings, formulate recommendations
- Good numerical ability,
- People management skills,
- Team player,
- Ability to retain optimism despite setbacks
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to handle, manage and resolve conflict within the unit and across the Debt Solutions Division
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 7th September, 2016.