Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not
only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also
reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global
opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is
our focus on employee
engagement. Engagement is a key driver of
productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our
performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that
bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their
performance not just on results but on how those results were
achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration
programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to
live our values every day.
Standard Chartered Bank is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Manager, Financial Crime Compliance, Retail Banking
Job ID: 520506
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Function: Legal
Full/Part Time: Full time
- Drive, coordinate and monitor initiatives and actions to ensure
that the Bank operates in accordance with the relevant laws and
regulations, policies and standards including those relevant to the
prevention of money laundering regardless of whether these laws,
policies or procedures are internal or not.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Regulatory Risk Identification and Policy Setting:
- Leads in the identification of material regulatory risks
in-country through measured analysis of factual scenarios and/or
- Anticipates, Assesses and communicates key regulatory risk
trends in-country, for management consideration, and drives the
development and implementation of appropriate mitigation control
- Identifies new banking regulations and laws and ensures the implications are appropriately notified to all relevant parties.
- Provides timely regulatory advice and recommendations on key
issues (including on Prudential Regulation) and proactively monitors
- Set control standards and provides advice on the development of appropriate controls for the mitigation of regulatory risks.
- Assists in overseeing relevant administration and licensing as required by the local regulator(s).
- Provides guidance on proper application and interpretation of
banking laws, regulations and policies applicable to the business
- Ensure AML regulations, policies and requirements are clearly communicated to management and staff members,
Regulatory Compliance Training:
- Delivers or procures delivery of program of activities that
educates and encourages managers and staff to operate in compliance with
relevant laws, regulations and policies.
- Manage, coordinate and deliver appropriate training programme to
ensure staff members are sufficiently trained to apply and administer
AML related controls in their day to day business activities.
- Assists in the development of an effective country-wide
compliance culture by promoting the benefits of ethical business conduct
- Establishes and coordinates the risk based Compliance Monitoring Plan.
- Coordinates and performs Regulatory Compliance Reviews
- Ensures all Control Room procedural requirements are met.
- Prepare reports that demonstrate clear understanding of issues
and provide clear analysis during any of a number of Thematic Reviews
(Compliance Monitoring Reviews) assigned during the year.
- Handle any ad hoc enquiries and surveys as requested by the regulators from time to time
- Completion of Anti Money Laundering (AML) Surveys circularized
on us by Correspondent banks (upstream or downstream) and any other
counterparty e.g. Visa, Wolfsberg Group.
Compliance Business Partnering:
- Uses general knowledge of business products undertaken in the
jurisdiction to work with business compliance specialists to respond to
regulatory questions, and to keep the local regulator updated on
developments in the businesses.
- Provides timely support to business in complying with the new and changing regulations, as well as group policies and standards.
- Proactively drives the development and maintenance of good
relationships with internal and external stakeholders at appropriate
levels and ensures an open and cooperative environment.
- Ensures close working relationship with the business and Financial Crime Risk (FCR) resources.
- Assists the Country Head of Compliance and Senior Management in
ensuring that the bank operates in accordance with te relevant local
requirements and Group Regulatory Compliance Standards so as to protect
and enhance the reputation of the Bank.
- Assist country management to ensure internal resources, systems,
procedures and controls are in place, documented and operating
effectively in order to mitigate money laundering risk. Coordinates
implementation of country level programs and initiatives to enhance AML
awareness and effort.
CDD Advisory Services:
- Support the business Customer Due Dilligence (CDD) process through review and advisory services.
- Developing and maintaining Country Addenda and ensuring compliance with Nigeria Legislations.
- Provide support to the business in complying with the new and changing regulations, as well as group policies and standards.
- Assist country management in ensuring that internal resources,
systems, procedures, and controls are in place, documented and operating
effectively in order to mitigate money laundering risks.
- Proactively drives the development and maintenance of good
relationship with internal and external stakeholders at appropriate
levels thereby ensuring our KYC/CDD is compliant.
- Updating and developing policies and procedures.
- Provision of deferrals, dispensations and approval where required by the Business and Functions.
- Partner with other compliance Advisors in other jurisdictions in
order to provide advise on the suitability of CDD/KYC documents from
- Work with the Country Head of Compliance and Senior Management
in ensuring that the bank operates in accordance with the relevant local
requirements and Group regulatory compliance standards in relation to
Know Your Customer (KYC)/CDD.
Qualifications and Skills
- A minumum of a second class Degree from a recognised university.
- Ability to identify and dimension key CDD/regulatory compliance risks and mitigants.
- Excellent legal and compliance judgment to enable the provision
of sound advice in difficult areas of law, regulation and practice and
the proactive management of compliance risk
- Sound judgment of business practices and reputational risk
- Governance and Legal Structure: Knowledge of the system of
internal controls that aids the effective management of the Group’s
affairs locally. Detailed knowledge of local risk reporting and
- Interpretation, Guidance and Policy & Regulations’ Advisory:
The ability to identify and assess relevant laws and regulations with a
view to providing solutions to business needs. Detailed knowledge of
local laws and regulations including an ability to anticipate future
regulatory requirements premised on thorough research and thorough
knowledge of group policies and how they apply to the local
environment. Ability to offer considered practical and cost effective
solutions to ensure regulatory compliance.
- AML Advisory – achieve compliance with local AML regulations and
Group AML policies and standards. Timely identification and mitigation
of significant risks.
- Personal authority, integrity and a proven ability to establish relationships with senior stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Independence, robustness and resilience
- Qualified Accountant/lawyer
- A good performance track record.
- Product Knowledge:- Knowledge of business areas and their products as well as the associated legal and regulatory requirements.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply