The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking
for a temporary Play Group Teacher. This position is local position and
opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Job Title: Play group Teacher
Location: Yola, Adamawa State
The playgroup teacher is responsible for developing and implementing
work schemes and lesson plans in line with the requirements of the
school stage. This involves organizing and developing the nursery
learning environment and resources. The activities involved in the
playgroup classes will constitute more of playing, creating games and
activities, music & singing, cuddling, and general looking rather
than formal “teaching”. Playgroup teacher works in pre-school, nursery
classes with children aged between three and five.
- Uses appropriate learning materials and equipment that reflect the accommodations for assessed student learning styles.
- Creates a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth
- Communicates with parents through Parent-Teacher Meetings, Open Day
and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the school
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional
staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude,
and learning problems.
- Selects the required books and instructional aides;
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- Participates in school committees.
- Establishes effective rapport with pupils.
- Motivates students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed
to provide a good foundation for upper elementary grade education in
accordance with each student’s ability
- Establishes good relationships with parents and other staff members.
- Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the position:
- Nigerian Certificate in Education conferred by colleges of education
with minimum of three years teaching experience in same or similar
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Knowledge of subjects assigned, curriculum and instruction with the ability to instruct and manage students.
- Ability to create classroom environment conducive, to learning and
appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of
Description of Benefits:
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied
for should be the subject of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates
will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 25th August, 2016