4 Aug 2016
UNICEF Job in Nigeria for a Child Protection in Emergency Officer
UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF is recruiting to fill the following positions below:
Job Title: Child Protection in Emergency Officer
Job Number: 498309
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
OVERALL OBJECTIVE OF THE TEMPORARY POSITION
The overall objective of the post is to promote the safe, supported return and reintegration of women, girls and boys associated with JAS and enhance the protective environment for children in conflict affected communities in North East Nigeria.
SPECIFIC PROJECT OBJECTIVES TO WHICH THE POSITION IS RELATED
Output 36: By 2017, the capacity of key institutions and civil society is strengthened to monitor and report violence against children especially in humanitarian context and implement gender and age-appropriate prevention and response measures in at least three states.
MAJOR TASKS TO BE ACCOMPLISHED
- Support the implementation of the programme on the reintegration of children and women associated with armed groups and affected by conflict related sexual violence
- Organise ongoing training and support for Local Government Area community volunteers support reintegration
- Manage the work of the team of consultants and third party local consultants responsible for overseeing and monitoring the reintegration programme
- Manage programme cooperation agreements with international and national NGOs for the reintegration of children and women associated with armed groups and peacebuilding
- Ensure robust data collection to capture the number of beneficiaries reached by the programme and the impact of the programme
- Ensure effective linkages with other components of the child protection in emergencies programme
- Support the development of community based reintegration activities and community based protection mechanisms for children and women associated with armed groups
- Strengthen the referral mechanism for high risk children to available services and programmes, including education and livelihoods programming
- Support the tracing and reunification programme for unaccompanied
- Engage with religious and community leaders to promote reintegration of high risk children and women and peacebuilding intiatives
- Support the establishment and operation of peacebuilding activities in focus local government areas and communities
- Manage the children associated with armed groups and peacebuilding programme, including ensuring timely implementation of activities, timely reporting to the donors, compliance with visibility requirements and compliance with internal UNICEF procedures and processes
QUALIFICATIONS OR SPECILIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/EPXERIENCE REQUIRED
- University degree, preferably in social work, social development, psychology, or related fields.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in one or more of the following areas - child protection, OVC, peacebuilding/conflict resolution, SGBV and/or community development programmes.
- Fluency in English and Hausa (both written and orally).
- Experience of working with government, NGO and/or community-based partners.
- Ability to work independently under difficult conditions, to work as a team and under tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel to remote and conflict-affected areas.
- Experience of working with conflict affected communities
- Experience of working in Borno, Yobe, Gombe or Adamawa
- Knowledge of local languages, including Kanuri
Six months, with the possibility of extension if additional funding is secured.
The position is based in Maiduguri, Borno State, with regular travel to Yobe State and Abuja.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Closing Date 17 Aug 2016 W. Central Africa Standard Time
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.