Job Title: Associate Reporting Officer
Vacancy Number: 2016/VA/005
- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Nigeria wishes to engage the services of an Associate Reporting Officer
in its Maiduguri Office on a temporary basis.
- Under the general guidance and support from the Head of Office,
Associate Reporting Officer should be able to work under minimum
supervision, be creative and innovative.
- Assist in presenting accurate and attractive data presentation on the maps;
- Maintain working relationships with the Government, NGOs, and UN agencies to develop cooperation in inter-related activities;
- Prepare and distribute minutes of the co-ordination meetings that are held periodically in the country of assignment;
- Meet and brief visitors on all UNHCR activities, where necessary together with appropriate specialist/ programme officers;
- Draft press reports, booklets, etc.
- Guidance may also be given by the various specialised units in the office including the External Relations unit in UNHCR Abuja.
- Keep abreast with all developments in the activity to prepare appropriate briefings and reports;
- Assist the office in consolidating and analysing data on
programme implementation and indicators (nutrition, health, watsan) in
order to facilitate the preparation of periodic reports, i.e. Sitreps,
activity-specific reports as may be required;
- Perform other duties as required.
Essential Minimum Qualification
- University degree in Journalism, Law or related fields;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English with working knowledge of another relevant UN language and/or local language is essential.
- Minimum 4 years of previous job experience relevant to the function;
- Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office application
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
- Knowledge of UNHCR programmes and activities;
- Drafting skills;
- Experience in dealing with the public
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application/letter of motivation, resume and fully completed UN Personal History Form (P11) and send via email ONLY to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting in the subject line the above vacancy notice number and title of the position.
- A written test will be conducted for this position which will be followed by a competency based interview.
- There is no need to send other certificates along with the application and P.11 at this stage.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.
Application Deadline 23rd August, 2016.