16 Aug 2016
Vacancies in a Hospitality Company in Abuja
Job Title: Cost Controller - Serviced Apartments
- The Cost Controller is in charge of the hotel cost and assets. Works with food and beverages department, and hotel stores to ensure cost control.
- The Cost Controller will work alongside the Accounts Supervisor in overseeing the cost control function for the apartments
- Would analyze each department’s ordering and consumption patterns, and closely monitoring them to ensure that these adhere to the agreed budgets, costing and standards
- Will monitor the performance of all departments, particularly food and beverage, through the efficient maintenance of established control procedures and by maintaining the database for receivables , as well as being the champion for the system
- Liaising with the purchasing team, as well as chefs, to ensure accurate costing for food and beverage is a key requirement.
- Organize the asset controlling systems
- Organize the store and receiving systems
- Manage F&B cost functions
- Keep Track record of all cost issues
- Develop cost report for Head of accounts
- Support cost information for all concern department upon request
- At least 5 years' managerial experience
- Solid experience in a similar position from within a 3 or 4-star hotel/serviced apartments
- Previous experience in Food and Beverage operations from within a similar establishment is preferred
- Familiar with hotel accounting as well as operation
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Good knowledge of and experience with accounting and purchasing software
- Good personal presentation and professionalism
- Good organisation and prioritisation skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Job Title: IT Manager - Serviced Apartments
- The IT Manager will be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines; supervise the implementation and maintenance of the apartment's computing needs.
- Manage information technology and computer systems
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
- Evaluating user needs and system functionality and ensuring that ICT facilities meet these needs;
- Planning, developing and implementing the ICT budget and obtaining competitive prices from suppliers to ensure cost effectiveness;
- Scheduling upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems;
- Researching and installing new systems;
- Guaranteeing the smooth running of all ICT systems, including anti-virus software, print services and email provision;
- Ensuring that users adhere to software licensing laws;
- Providing secure access to the network for remote users;
- Securing data from internal and external attack;
- Offering users appropriate support and advice;
- Managing crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems;
- Mentoring and training new ICT support staff;
- Keeping up to date with the latest technologies.
- Handle annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- Oversee the general function of the IT business center.
- Ensure proper safety of all servers and IT equipment.
- Troubleshoot and provide instant solutions to the challenges
- Ability to manage personnel
- Communication and leadership skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel
- At least 5 managerial experience and strong interpersonal skills.
- BS in Computer Science, MIS or similar field
- Proven working experience as an IT manager or relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Expertise in internet management and troubleshooting
Job Title: Sales Executive - Serviced Apartments
- The Sales Executive will serve as a key point of contact between the company and its clients: answering queries, offering advice and introducing new products.
- Their work includes: organizing sales visits. Demonstrating/presenting products. establishing new business
- Listening to customer requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale;
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails;
- Cold calling to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business;
- Responding to incoming email and phone enquiries;
- Acting as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets;
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales;
- Gathering market and customer information;
- Representing their company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations;
- Negotiating on price, costs, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers;
- Challenging any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy;
- Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions;
- Creating detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding process which is largely dictated by the prospective customer;
- Liaising with suppliers to check the progress of existing orders;
- Checking the quantities of goods on display and in stock;
- Recording sales and order information and sending copies to the sales office, or entering figures into a computer system;
- Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets;
- Gaining a clear understanding of customers' businesses and requirements;
- Making accurate, rapid cost calculations and providing customers with quotations;
- Feeding future buying trends back to employers;
- Attending team meetings and sharing best practice with colleagues.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience and minimum of 3 years sales experience in a similar work environment
- Proven and verifiable track record
- First degree from any reputable tertiary institution
- The skills to work both independently and as part of a team
- The capability to flourish in a competitive environment
- The ability and desire to sell
- Excellent communication skills
- A positive, confident and determined approach
Job Title: Resident Engineer - Serviced Apartments
- Conducting Routine preventive maintenance which comprise of changing HVAC filters to lubricating kitchen equipment to regular boiler maintenance. responsible for scheduling regular inspections of electrical equipment
- Liaising with Housekeeping to coordinate and prioritize maintenance activities for apartments and public areas.
- Development system and procedure to ensure the health and safety of guests, team members, machinery and property,
- Controlling suppliers, stock levels and operating budget for the department identifying and introduction introducing environment-friendly systems and equipment.
- Monitor the apartments’ consumption of fuels
- Monitor engineering installation
- Supervise the apartment facilities functions
- Carry out engineering and maintenance works as required
- Periodic inspection and verification of tasks assigned to team members.
- Ensure proper sign off of tasks given after careful inspection
- Managerial experience and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and building automation systems
- Minimum of 6-8 years working experience and minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- Experience in a similar work environment is a must
- Engineering degree from any reputable university is a must
- Project management experience
Job Title: Business Development Manager - Serviced Apartments
- The role will be focused on nurturing the existing client base as well as focusing on new business, while exploiting exceptional sales skills with effective and successful results.
- To actively convert customer enquiries into confirmed sales to develop future and repeat business contributing to the profitability of the business
- To deliver the brand standards of outstanding customer service
- Ensuring a clear and effective line of communication is maintained within the sales team with the Guest services team
- Identifying and pursuing new business sales opportunities both by use of the company database, networking, attending exhibitions etc.
- Build possible new business contacts through attending face to face sales meetings in order to build lasting relationships
- Working with the Head of Sales and marketing, Guest services to ensure the meeting of their set targets
- Department must create inspirational and cost-effective proposals while pitching to the client/prospect
- Development and implementation of sales marketing campaigns(promotions) and client entertainment schemes
- Determining key requirements to enter new markets including undertaking marketing analysis, devising and implementing a sales and marketing strategy for the purpose of seeking out new business in all relevant sectors
- To work without constant supervision and willing to work outside the normal 9-5 with flexible working hours including some evenings and weekends to accommodate business.
- Long standing experience in the hospitality industry A MUST.
- At least a Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- Between 8-10 years of related work experience is required.
- Ability to work under pressure and without supervision.
- Good personal presentation and professionalism
- Good organisation and prioritisation skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Job Title: Senior Chef - Serviced Apartments
- The Senior Chef will be responsible for all food production including that used for restaurants, banquet functions and other outlets. Develop menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Supervise staff.
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings.
- Consults with the Food & Beverage Director about food production aspects of special events being planned.
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Interacts with food and beverage management to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and guests.
- In conjunction with F&B management team, assist in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards.
- Evaluates products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met.
- Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Ensures that representatives from the kitchen attend service lineups and meetings.
- Periodically visits dining area when it is open to welcome members.
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- 8 years experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A strong knowledge luxury apartments/hotel standards with evidence of successful implementation of high level service and product standards
Job Title: Kitchen Supervisor - Serviced Apartments
- This role is responsible for the overall operations for the kitchen area.
- This person will, purchase food and stock, and make sure everyone is trained on proper food preparation and kitchen safety techniques.
- Will be required to occasionally to interact with customers at the banquet hall, being friendly and courteous will help keep customers coming back.
- Responsible for correct food and kitchen elements being utilized while ensuring food standards, costs, safety, etc.
- Ensuring proper shift maintenance of kitchen staff, resolving conflicts and getting the job done.
- Ensure cleaning schedules are maintained and the kitchen well organized at all times.
- Dealing with daily stock orders and keeping a record of al consumptions at the kitchen
- Responsible for communicating standards and cooking methods to staff, kitchen etiquette and safety standards
- Provide input into catering menus and develop new menu items
- Prioritize and delegate tasks in kitchen layout and prep. Techniques to insure speed and quality of menu
- Minimum of 8 years working experience and minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in a similar work environment
- First degree in Catering Management or similar degree from any reputable tertiary/vocational institution is a MUST.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.