EngenderHealth works worldwide to improve the lives of individuals by
making reproductive health services safe, available, and sustainable.
We provide technical assistance, training, and information, with a focus
on practical solutions that improve services where resources are
The Fistula Care Plus (FC+) project is a five-year cooperative
agreement, funded by the United States Agency for International
Development and managed by EngenderHealth in collaboration with
partners. It seeks to increase access to quality treatment services for
obstetric fistula, improve prevention, strengthen the environment to
support prevention, treatment and reintegration services, and to conduct
research to improve the quality of services.
EngenderHealth is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Community Mobilization Associate
Job Code: 993
Program/Office: Fistula Care Plus, Sokoto, Nigeria
Reports To: Community Mobilization Specialist, Fistula Care Plus
- Based in Sokoto, the Community Mobilization Associate works
closely with and assists the community mobilization specialist in
proving technical assistance for community mobilization activities.
- S/he will perform the below mentioned tasks:
- Assist to facilitate immediate and long-range community
mobilization activities related to Fistula Care programming at multiple
levels, including individual households, local leadership, grassroots
organizations, local, state and national government, and other
Implementing and Donor Agencies.
- Assist with the community mobilization strategy to reflect findings of 2016 Communications Needs Assessment conducted by FC+.
- Provide assistance with the identification of community
mobilization activities for inclusion in work plans and budgets,
including budget estimates for planned activities
- Provides technical assistance in the identification of community
groups in focal states which may include religious groups, women’s
groups, men’s groups, local community organizations and NGOs, as well as
private sector institutions. Create awareness of obstetric fistula, its
prevention, access to treatment and options for reintegration
- Provide assistance in community training activities, including leading training sessions as needed
- Assist with the FC+ fistula screening and referral intervention including development of relevant SBCC materials
- Provides support to the interactive voice response fistula
screening hotline run by VOTO mobile, and support to PHC orientation in
- Assist in the review and writing of all community mobilization
reports, feasibility assessments, recommendations, and research in
consultation with the FC+ team and with oversight from other senior
- Assist in the sensitization workshops and other activities with
WDCs, community leaders and groups to increase awareness about fistula
prevention and treatment and to foster positive attitudes on SRHR issues
- Participate in the coordination of activities with community
mobilization officers from FGON, USAID or other donor-supported projects
to identify possible joint activities for implementation
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Certifications
- Bachelor Degree or Higher National Diploma from a recognized
higher institution in public health, communication, health planning or
- A minimum of two years’ experience in community engagement
- Experience in providing support for community mobilization or SBCC preferred
- Experience with report writing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially with community groups,
other technical staff, experts, and with counterparts from the public,
private and NGO sectors.
- Computer skills with MS Word and MS Excel essential. Familiarity with software such as SPSS, Stata, MS Access, an advantage
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and to deal with
variety of individuals from various socio economic, ethnic and cultural
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, teamwork skills.
- Ability to work proactively, organize and manage own work and assist others to do the same
Starting salary will be commensurate with background and experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply