Walter Reed Program-Nigeria (WRP-N) – The Henry Jackson Foundation
Medical Research International is wholly owned subsidiary of the Henry
Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc which
is a nonprofit corporation authorized by the congress of the United
States of America.
The U.S Department of Defense Walter Reed Program Nigeria supports a
military to military partnership with the Nigerian Ministry of Defence
liaison office, the Health Implementation Plan (NMOD HIP). HJFMRI
through partners with the Walter Reed Program Nigeria is actively
involved in the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), and
HIV Research activities. It is through this partnership, HJFMRI Ltd/Gte
seeks to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Research Physician
Report to: Deputy Director Research
Work Hours: 40
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the design, development and implementation of clinical
research activities and protocols to in furtherance of the Department Of
Defense Walter Reed Program Nigeria (DODWRP-N) mission and the West
- Assists with oversight, management, coordination of research activities between site teams and DOD WRP-N.
- Provides medical consultation and management of research volunteers.
- Leverages expertise in support of expansion of DOD WRPN research activities.
- Supervise staff at site and develop relationships with partners with similar research vaccine mission related to DODWRP-N.
- Participates in the analysis, presentation and publication of scientific papers.
- Performs other assignments as required.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Medicine & Surgery is required. A
Fellowship in West African College of Physicians or National
Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria in Internal Medicine or
Pediatrics is required.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, or Clinical Research will be added advantage.
- Training in Good Clinical Practice and Ethics is required.
Prior Work Experience:
- The incumbent must have minimum of eight years working
experience as a Medical Practitioner, of which two years must be in
- Experience in protocol development, clinical trials and publication of journals is required.
- Level IV English (fluency in both written and oral) is required
- Must be registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- Supervision by the Deputy Director Research.
- Substantial interaction with the Country Director is anticipated.
- Knowledge of Clinical Medicine and the procedures and techniques necessary for performing research tasks.
- Knowledge of Research regulatory procedures.
- Knowledge of clinical research programs under “Good Clinical Practices”.
- Responsibilities include monitoring and evaluating work
performance, applying discipline, selection of new employees, and
granting personnel leave.
- Incumbent will exercise full supervisory responsibility of study staff: Medical Officer, Pharmacist, and Nurses.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Leadership, analytical, communication, and writing skills is required.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Willingness to travel 30% of work time is required for this position.
- Ability to communicate effectively to include effective presentations.
Annual Gross salary range
NGN13, 000,000 – 15,000.000
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: All applications should reach the email on/before the deadline above. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 6th September, 2016