30 Aug 2016
Vacancy in a Freight, Haulage and Courier/Express Services Company in Lagos
Job Title: Head Freight Division
Job ref: FRE–2LA
Reporting line: CEO
Objective of the Head, Freight position:
- The purpose of this job is to oversee the transportation of products/goods from suppliers to distributors.
- The ideal candidate must have strong organizational skills, effective people skills and the ability to manage logistics to ensure the methods used are safe, efficient and reliable; must have extensive experience in general freight services with at least 4 years managerial experience/competence covering general management, marketing, and freight operations.
- Oversee air and ocean freight shipments/cargoes' packaging and deliveries
- Put structure in the division to align with the goals of the entire group
- Coordinate shipping logistics with exporters, warehousing companies, retailers, etc.
- Design internal appraisal measures to ensure optimal performance of officers
- Drive and promote safe handling of all consignments
- Maintain a safe and organized storage facility for all shipments in transit (warehousing related)
- Design standard flow chart for the company’s delivery process
- Maintain a high security level of all goods in transit
- Co-ordinate delivery network across all branches
- Prepare the division's financial and administrative reports for onward submission to the CEO
- Must be familiar with the corresponding fees like international tariffs, warehouse storage charges and weight costs
- Constantly in the know of availability of products and services, back orders, shortages and customer special requests.
- Design operational master plan for the freight subsidiary
- Ensure that shipping, storage and distribution procedures meet company policies and government regulations
- Constantly research new rules and regulations and consult port authorities, airlines, highway departments and customs' agencies to ensure compliance with freight and shipping guidelines.
- Ensure and maintain standard of operations at all times.
- Ensure actualization of the subsidiary’s targets
- Co-ordinates the research and development unit
- Ensure the profitability of the freight division in the group
- Drive the business development of the division
- Graduate in Business, Shipping, Logistics Management or other related disciplines. Additional certifications in freight forwarding will be an advantage.
- Minimum of seven (7) years experience in a related role and industry, with at least 4 of those in managerial level.
Salary is attractive and open to negotiation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘FRE–2LA’ as subject of mail.
Note: Wrongly titled applications will not be opened. Applicants who do not meet the above criteria need not apply. Please be guided
Application Deadline 15th September, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.