Stresert Services Limited – Our client, a group of companies based in
Lagos and into the services of freight, haulage and courier/express
services, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head Freight Division
Job ref: FRE–2LA
Reporting line: CEO
Objective of the Head, Freight position:
- The purpose of this job is to oversee the transportation of products/goods from suppliers to distributors.
- The ideal candidate must have strong organizational skills,
effective people skills and the ability to manage logistics to ensure
the methods used are safe, efficient and reliable; must have extensive
experience in general freight services with at least 4 years managerial
experience/competence covering general management, marketing, and
- Oversee air and ocean freight shipments/cargoes’ packaging and deliveries
- Put structure in the division to align with the goals of the entire group
- Coordinate shipping logistics with exporters, warehousing companies, retailers, etc.
- Design internal appraisal measures to ensure optimal performance of officers
- Drive and promote safe handling of all consignments
- Maintain a safe and organized storage facility for all shipments in transit (warehousing related)
- Design standard flow chart for the company’s delivery process
- Maintain a high security level of all goods in transit
- Co-ordinate delivery network across all branches
- Prepare the division’s financial and administrative reports for onward submission to the CEO
- Must be familiar with the corresponding fees like international tariffs, warehouse storage charges and weight costs
- Constantly in the know of availability of products and services, back orders, shortages and customer special requests.
- Design operational master plan for the freight subsidiary
- Ensure that shipping, storage and distribution procedures meet company policies and government regulations
- Constantly research new rules and regulations and consult port
authorities, airlines, highway departments and customs’ agencies to
ensure compliance with freight and shipping guidelines.
- Ensure and maintain standard of operations at all times.
- Ensure actualization of the subsidiary’s targets
- Co-ordinates the research and development unit
- Ensure the profitability of the freight division in the group
- Drive the business development of the division
Education and Experience
- Graduate in Business, Shipping, Logistics Management or other
related disciplines. Additional certifications in freight forwarding
will be an advantage.
- Minimum of seven (7) years experience in a related role and industry, with at least 4 of those in managerial level.
Salary is attractive and open to negotiation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘FRE–2LA’ as subject of mail.
Note: Wrongly titled applications will not be opened. Applicants who do not meet the above criteria need not apply. Please be guided
Application Deadline 15th September, 2016.