11 Aug 2016
Vacancy in a Haulage, Courier/Express and Freight Company in Lagos
Job Title: Head, Express/Courier Subsidiary
Reporting line: CEO
- To direct, promote, and coordinate the activities of the subsidiary in a manner that will optimize the unit’s market share, improve efficiency, help achieve the mission and goals, and result in the overall attainment of the overall objectives of the Group.
- The ideal person should have extensive experience in general courier services with managerial competence covering General Management, Marketing, and Operations.
- Oversee the overall running of Express/Courier unit;
- Outline the short term goals in line with the medium term plans, goals and policies of the unit;
- Drive the company’s operational policy;
- Co-ordinate standards of field officers to ensure quality of delivery;
- Design internal appraisal measures to ensure optimal performance of staff;
- Proffer solutions to operational challenge at all stages;
- Drive and promote safe handling of all shipments;
- Maintain a safe and organized storage facility for all consignments in transit (warehousing related);
- Designs standard flow chart for the unit’s delivery process; and
- Co-ordinate delivery network across all branches.
- Supervise the maintenance of the unit's equipment;
- Drive business expansion of the subsidiary;
- Supervise the activities of all staff under the subsidiary;
- Supervise the daily activities of the mail room;
- Design operational master plan for the unit under the group;
- Ensure the optimization of the online mail tracking platform;
- Ensure the optimization of the Address Verification platform;
- Supervise the IT support systems;
- Drive Business Development of the unit;
- Ensure and maintain high standards of operation at all times;
- Drive the creation of new business relationships for the company;
- Ensure actualization of business targets;
- Ensure high standard of customer experience always;
- Ensure the growth in the company’s market share;
- Must be a graduate; additional qualification(s) will be a plus.
- Minimum of six (6) years experience in a related role and industry, with at least 3 of those in managerial level.
Salary is attractive and open to negotiation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org using 'Head of Subsidiary' as subject of mail.
- Wrongly titled applications will not be opened.
- Applicants who do not meet the above criteria need not apply. Please be guided.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.