The Nigerian Bottling Company Limited is one of the biggest companies
in the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole
franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria.
Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and
distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to
marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate
Nigerian Bottling Company is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Buyer
Job Reference: SB/08/2016
- The Senior Buyer reports to Indirect Spend Procurement Manager (ISPM).
Purpose of the Job
- Lead and execute sourcing of Facility Management, Production
Equipment and or Professional services spend category in the country.
- Indirectly reports to and supports Strategic Procurement Manager
& Strategic Procurement Support Manager for the strategic sourcing
of the specific category.
- Ultimately responsible for optimizing service levels provided to
internal customers for the specific category in the country, in
alignment with the Indirect Spend Procurement Manager of each country.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Analyze spot buys and take actions to reduce in the future.
- Execute spot buys for the category in the country.
- Execute strategic sourcing tasks for the category in the country.
- Support Strategic Procurement Manager to track savings value creation in relation to country BP.
- Support Strategic Procurement Manager & Strategic
Procurement Support Manager in executing strategic sourcing for the
- Support Strategic Procurement Manager, Strategic Procurement
Support Manager and Country Procurement Manager to integrate procurement
indirect category savings in country BP.
- Contribute to manage knowledge of category.
- Build supplier relationships that generate value for both
Hellenic and the supplier over time for local categories in alignment
with SPM & SPSM.
- Monitor SLA’s and KBI’s for assigned categories to country stakeholders.
- Follow-up on claim management process.
- Manage internal customer relationships for local categories in alignment with Spend Procurement Managers, SPM & SPSM.
- Support the introduction of new processes and systems.
- Ensure CSR strategy implementation in alignment with the
predefined standards and guidelines. Only shortlisted candidates will be
- Check invoice accuracy and completeness.
- Introduce new suppliers.
- Maintain master data, including Purchase Info Record and catalogues.
- Manage contract expiration and maintain contract.
- Measure and improve contract utilization.
- Perform local communication on new contracts.
- Upload scanned contract in the system, update master data, and enable contract.
Desired Candidate Profile
- University Degree (Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, Legal or similar)
- Knowledge in the category or in procurement (CIPS certification is a requirement for the role)
- Masters degree or MBA will be of added advantage
- High level CAPEX purchase experience is an asset.
- Working experience in a cross cultural environment and in a matrix organization preferable
- At least 3 years of experience in SAP, other ERP system with focus on Purchasing
- Knowledge of E-Sourcing/E-bidding is an added advantage
- At least 5-6 years of experience working for an industry related
to the category, or in procurement,logistics,MRO( Maintenance,Repairs
and Operatons) and Facility Management.
- Successful track record and development potential
- Time management skills
- Customer Focus
- Peer Relationships
- Managing Diversity
- Good Presentation Sills
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Drive for Results
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 26th August, 2016.