Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the
lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water
and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Job Title: Nutrition Officers – 3 positions
the supervision of the Deputy Nutrition Program Manager (DPM) the
incumbent will be part of the team implementing Infant and Young Child
Feeding (IYCF) activities at community level. The support will be focus
on implementation of porridge mum group activities in selected
communities in MMC and Jere.
- Implementation of nutrition activities at the community level.
- Facilitate information exchange and cooperation with all ACF interventions and external stakeholders.
- Formation and Operationalization of Care Groups (CGs) at LGA level.
- Community based assessments, community profiling and community based interventions.
- Coordinate the activities of ACF at LGA level in collaboration with the DPM.
- Assist the deputy PM to work with the logistic and admin departments
to plan, procure appropriate supplies and follow up community based
Bachelor degree in health, nutrition, nursing or related field. Higher level degree preferred.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and culturally sensitive
- Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills with proven
ability to translate evaluated results into learning strategies.
- Experience in designing and leading internal and external evaluation.
- Experience designing and leading capacity building and training for national teams.
- Familiarity with nutrition, healthcare and systems.
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy.
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Experience in humanitarian PQA or M & E.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience with food security and livelihoods programming
- Previous experience in CMAM and IYCF programming Previous experience with ACF
- Ability to speak Hausa, Kanuri
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their application by email to email@example.com, To
be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest,
and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject
line, or on the application envelope.
Also note that applications will
be processed on FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis and any application
received without these specifications will not be considered. Only
shortlisted candidate will be contacted.Qualified women and men are
encouraged to apply.
Applications recieved after the closing date will not be considered.