Adam Smith International is an award-winning professional services business that delivers real impact, value and lasting change through projects supporting economic growth and government reform internationally. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our
projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments.
ASI’s regional office for West Africa is Abuja, Nigeria. Eighteen ASI Managers, 70 other staff, over 300 Associates and 350 field workers operate in Nigeria where we deliver projects for DFID, UK Home Office, EU and World Bank. The West Africa team has a large project portfolio and it is growing quickly, with two new projects added within the last two months and an interesting pipeline of new opportunities.
West African countries are growing at a faster rate than the Asian tigers. In 2013, Ghana was the world’s fastest growing economy with a growth rate of 13% and today Ivory Coast is the second fastest growing nation. Nigeria is Africa’s largest economy and is forecast to be the third most populous country in the world within little more than a generation. The global Sustainable Development Goals will be won or lost in Nigeria, making it a highly stimulating place to be based.
Adam Smith International has been operating in Nigeria for 14 years, playing a leading role in its development.
Job Title: Senior Manager, West Africa Team – Nigeria (Abuja)
About the Role
- The position is based Abuja within the Adam Smith International West Africa Team.
- Senior Managers play a fundamental role in our operating model, managing the technical and financial performance of projects, as well as leading business development. This involves developing a clear strategy to consolidate and develop our growing team. Key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to strategy development.
- Build relationships with clients and counterparts in pursuit of project delivery and business development opportunities.
- Secure new work in West Africa and help to grow Adam Smith International’s business.
- Take a leading role in managing bids.
- Deliver optimal value for money for our clients.
- Deliver quality projects that achieve targets and achieve a high level of client satisfaction.
- Project Director for selected projects. Senior contact person for clients and accountability for technical and operational delivery.
- Line manager to members of the West Africa team.
- Develop an engaged and motivated team that is set-up to deliver against Adam Smith International Nigeria’s corporate objectives.
- Play a leading role in establishing internal and external corporate initiatives for Adam Smith International (e.g. training initiatives and marketing initiatives).
- Ensure Adam Smith International Nigeria is a compliant organisation and that risks are identified and managed.
What We Offer You
- We offer you a dynamic and friendly team environment and the opportunity to work on a highly successful portfolio of programmes. We have a strong commitment to our people and strive to live by our principles:
- Take responsibility (Accountability). We are individually and collectively accountable for what we do.
- Always find a way (Resourcefulness). We think innovatively to reach a solution.
- Promote Quality (Excellence). We maintain and promote professional standards in everything we do.
- Commit to the Outcome (Achievement). We take pride in delivering our best to achieve results
- We’ve built a culture to reflect our principles, full of likeminded professionals who are smart, passionate and great at what they do. We offer a highly competitive salary, plus a bonus and excellent benefits and expat package.
Heard Enough? Ready to Apply?
We would love to hear from you. Please submit a CV (no more than 3 pages) and cover letter. You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this position. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Thank you for your consideration.
- Outstanding written English and good communication skills;
- Good budget, finance and forecasting skills;
- High level of emotional intelligence in the following areas: self-awareness, social awareness and self-management;
- Proactive, self-starter, resourceful;
- Open-minded, flexible approach to problem-solving;
- Resilient to changing circumstances and challenges;
- Achievement oriented;
- Post-graduate degree in a related field;
- Experience leading business development initiatives, or tendering new opportunities working for a development agency;
- Experience working in developing/conflict-affected environments;
- Demonstrated experience of using initiative, client-orientation, risk taking, and working in complex and time-pressured contexts;
- Experience directing or managing project teams, consultants and other stakeholders;
- Willing to travel.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply