15 Sep 2016
Africa Governance Initiative (AGI) Jobs in Nigeria, September 2016
government in Africa - to make government work for the world’s poorest people.
Africa Governance Initiative (AGI) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Governance Advisor
Sector: Delivery - Centre of Government
Focus Of This Role
We will be recruiting a Governance Advisor positions in Centre of Government institutions - Presidents’ and Prime Ministers’ offices; cross-government co-ordination offices; and strategy, policy and delivery units, as well as within Priority Ministries. These include:
- Governance Advisor (Agriculture) - individuals with experience in value chain development, investment appraisal, and business planning and market analysis. Experience in emerging market economies preferred.
- Governance Advisor (Private Sector Development) - individuals with experience in investment facilitation/ promotion, business linkages and value chain coordination, managing investment deals in emerging market economies and/or delivering organisational change.
- Governance Advisor (Transport Infrastructure) - individuals with government, consulting or industry experience in e.g. the performance of infrastructure ministries and agencies, public-private partnerships, project management and oversight of major infrastructure projects in developing countries.
- Governance Advisor (Energy/Power Sector) - individuals with government, consulting or industry experience in the electricity sector, e.g. in energy policy, the performance of energy utilities, public-private partnerships, and the management of power generation and distribution projects.
- Governance Advisor (Finance and Investment) - individuals with experience of economic planning, project finance, innovative public finance models, donor and financier coordination, and/or securing access to finance for the private sector and farmers. We are also seeking individuals with experience of the ICT and innovation industry.
AGI seeks to create multi-disciplinary teams and are particularly interested in candidates with experience planning and delivery, performance management processes; change management, executive/private office support to a senior leader; or government and strategic communications. Governance Advisors within Priority Ministries will be expected to demonstrate experience of working with the senior leadership to develop planning and implementation capacity.
Candidates who speak fluent French and/or Portuguese, will be prioritized for roles in our Francophone and Lusophone countries.
For any of our roles, experience of living and working in developing countries is desirable but not essential.
What We Look For in Our People
- Our teams are all made up of outstanding individuals who understand that politics is as important as technical knowhow when it comes to getting things done.
- They are excellent building and maintaining relationships, skilled to help our partner governments solve some of their most challenging strategic problems, and demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- We are bound by a unique set of shared values; we’re bold in our approach, relentless in pursuit of impact, led by our government partners not by our own agenda, passionate about Africa’s potential and independent.
- When we get things right, we have the potential to help change millions of lives for the better.
- Working at the heart of government in Africa within a small dynamic team, AGI team generally have 7+ years relevant professional experience within public/civil services worldwide; strategy consulting; relevant industry experience; private equity and finance; and international development.
Salary Details: £45,000
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st December, 2017.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.