15 Sep 2016
African Development Bank (AfDB) Job Vacancy for an Account Assistant
The Bank's development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
African Development Bank (AfDB) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Assistant - Financial Reporting and Treasury Products Section - FFCO.1
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50000716
The Financial Control Department (FFCO) is responsible for all controllership functions of the African Development Bank Group. As a critical element of the governance structure of the ADB Group, it maintains the primary responsibility for analyzing, recording, and reporting the financial consequences of all decisions and transactions of the ADB Group.
Accounts and Special Funds Division (FFCO1)
- The position of Accounts Assistant is located in the Accounts and Special Funds Division (FFCO.1) of the Financial Control Department. The Accounts and Special Funds Division is responsible for the financial reporting of the Bank Group, the bilateral funds and the special funds.
- The primary goal of the Division is to ensure accuracy, relevance, timeliness and transparency in the reporting of the financial consequences of all actions taken in the African Development Bank Group.
- Under the general supervision of the Division Manager, FFCO.1 and the direct supervision of the Chief Financial Accountant – Financial Reporting and Treasury Products Section, the incumbent will perform the following functions:
- Process and reconcile the Bank’s Capital Subscriptions on a timely basis. Liaise with the Bank’s Treasury Division (FTRY.1) to ensure accurate and timely recognition of Subscriptions received from Member countries. Reconcile and resolve all related Suspense Accounts in a timely basis.
- Raise accounting entries relating to subscriptions, demand obligations and investments as well as analysis of account balances on an ongoing basis.
- Process dividends, capital gains and interest received or receivable on the Bank’s equity investments in SAP General Ledger in a timely basis. Reconcile related balances in SAP General Ledger with Private Sector Department (OPSD) from time to time. Escalate, whenever necessary, any issues or discrepancies to ensure timely resolution.
- On a monthly basis, prepare financial schedules for the Bank’s monthly Financial Highlights and other management reports.
- Quarterly and at year-end, prepare all financial schedules and notes to financial statements for the Bank’s quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Contribute to the preparation and proof-reading of the Bank Group Annual Report.
- Perform daily checks on accounting postings relating to Borrowings and Derivatives from SUMMIT Business Software to SAP General Ledger to ensure accuracy and completeness. Ensure related accounting schema are updated for new products and reporting requirements in a timely manner.
- Verify and process disbursement requests on the Banks’ equity investments in the SAP General Ledger in a timely basis and follow up with relevant departments to ensure payments are made within stipulated deadlines. Resolve or escalate in a timely basis any discrepancies or issues to avoid any delay in payment.
- Prepare financial statements, statement of commitment capacity and currency reports for the African Development Fund.
- Undertake other tasks and duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Division Manager and the Chief Financial Accountant - Financial Reporting and Treasury Production Section.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Hold at least a Bachelor's degree in Accountancy / Management or an equivalent diploma/degree.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English or French with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of Microsoft standard software: SAP, Excel, Word, Power point, MS projects, Access, etc.
- SAP literacy highly recommended.
- Working experience in a similar Financial Multilateral Institution or any other similar institution.
- Have a minimum of six (06) years of experience in a similar position.
- Strong customer skills, ability to multitask, and attention to detail.
- Possess high-level skills communication.
- Excellent Customer service record.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 4th October, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.