African Development Bank (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African
Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution,
promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent.
There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial
and technical support for transformative projects that will
significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic
African Development Bank is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Secretary to the Resident Representative – Liberia Country Office (LRFO)
Position N°: 50078919
- This Position does not attract international Terms and
Conditions of Employment. (Incumbents of the Position will be considered
as Local Staff and will not have International Status).
- The Liberia Country Office (LRFO) of the African Development
Bank (AfDB) has been established to strengthen policy dialogue between
the Bank, Governments and other stakeholders; improve performance of the
project portfolio and aid coordination with other development partners.
- The Bank invites applications from suitably qualified candidates
to fill in the vacant position of secretary to the Resident
Representative. This position is based in Monrovia, Liberia and does not
attract international terms and conditions.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the direction of the Resident Representative, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Time management and scheduling on behalf of the Resident
Representative to include effective prioritization and resolving related
conflicts and competing demands;
- Coordinate and monitor multiple and diverse work processes and
activities to ensure that management decisions are properly carried out
and products are delivered in a timely manner;
- Ensure quality of documents requiring the Resident Representative’s approval and/or signature;
- Keep others informed by providing relevant information, reports or status updates;
- Draft/finalize correspondence on a range of topics on behalf of the Resident Representative;
- Manage Resident Representative’s calendar and schedule of meetings;
- Administer Staff meetings, take minutes of the proceedings and ensure follow-up on agreed actions;
- Independently respond to diverse inquiries and make decisions when multiple courses of action are possible;
- Be accountable for the smooth operation of office work, support
services and related systems within the Country Office by organizing and
coordinating workflow; and
- Perform any other assignments as requested by the Resident Representative and the Bank’s management.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration,
Commerce, Public Relations, or other related discipline, preferably
supplemented with courses in Secretarial studies/ Office Management;
- Excellent sense of initiative, enthusiasm, team spirit, and
ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy. Good organizational and
- High sense of confidentiality and ability to develop strong understanding of AfDB work and institutional policies/objectives;
- Thorough knowledge and use of all relevant standard MS Office
software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.). Knowledge of SAP
would be an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal and verbal communication skills;
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team and multi-cultural
environments and to function effectively as a member of various groups.
- Have a minimum of four (4) years of progressively relevant and
practical experience in secretarial/ office administration work
preferably gained with an international organization;
- Strong client service/relations skills, good organizational and
planning skills, ability to multi-task, attention to detail and ability
to work with diverse backgrounds in a matrix environment;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English. Working knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th September, 2016.