Bayero University, Kano – This is to inform the general public that the
office of the Librarian of Bayero University, Kano, will be vacant very
Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified
candidates for the position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
- The University Librarian is the Principal Officer of the
University answerable to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day
administration and control of Library matters of the University.
- He/She shall be in charge of the management and administration
of the University Library services, staff and facilities in the main
Library as well as in the faculties and centres. He/She shall also be
responsible for linkages with other library organizations and
publishers, both national and international.
Candidates shall possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- A relevant Ph.D. degree
- Versatility in information technology (IT) and library automation
- Shall have a minimum of 15 years’ cognate experience and the
capacity to initiate research in a university system or comparable
- Shall not be above the age of 65 years at the point of assumption of duty
- Membership of relevant professional associations is an added advantage.
- A good record of scholarly publications through reputable medium
- Shall not be below the rank of a Deputy Librarian or equivalent in a University setting
Condition of Service
The salary and other conditions of services shall be in accordance with what obtains in the Nigerian University System.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty (20) copies of
their application and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae with contact
telephone numbers and e-mail addresses, and copies of supporting
documents. They should also request three referees to send confidential
reports on them directly to:
All applications and the supporting documents, including the referee reports, to be clearly marked “Application for the post of University Librarian” should reach to:
Application Deadline 26th October, 2016.