15 Sep 2016
Best Breed Aquaculture Limited Jobs in Lagos
by Jobzilla Nigeria at 9/15/2016 06:50:00 pm Tags: Agricultural Jobs , Lagos Jobs , OND/HND/BSC Jobs
million juveniles per annum Further to its recent expansion and re-positioning, it seeks to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Support/Research Associate
Ref No.: BBA002
- Business Support/Research Associates will provide accounting, financial nd biological asset reporting support and in depth research services for the entire organization
- Provide periodic production (output) analysis;
- Benchmark growth performance and cost of production Feed forecasting. ordering. Inventory and quality control;
- Explore innovative solutions for cost reduction
- Collaborate with fish Biologists and fish pathologist, to collate mortality, Specific growth rate, feed consumption and conversion data;
- Provide monthly performance reports with respect to costing arid profitability;
- Bachelor’s degree/HND (Minimum of Second Class Upper Division) in any discipline;
- For the Business Support area, a professional accounting designation (ACA, CPA, etc.) will be a distinct advantage;
- Applicants from Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics and Entomology are especially attractive for research positions
Job Title: Hatchery Supervisor/Technician
Ref No.: BBA0001
- Fish hatchery supervisors direct and oversee our hatcheries and coordinate the activities of other fish hatchery workers.
- They manage fish spawning, incubate eggs and rear fish (fry, fingerlings and Juvenile) in accordance with Standard management practices and fish culturing techniques
- Collaborate with fish biologist and fish pathologists, to obtain data concerning fish habits, diseases, feed, and environmental requirement.
- Monitor environments to ensure maintenance of optimum conditions for aquatic life
- Collect and record growth, production and environmental data;
- Devise methods to improve fish hatching and growth rates, and to prevent disease in hatcheries;
- Determine administer and execute policies relating to operations administration and standards, and focally maintenance;
- Coordinate the selection and maintenance of brood stock;
- Bachelor’s degree/HND (Minimum of Second Class Upper Division) in Fisheries, Fisheries Management, Aquaculture Science, Engineering, Plumbing or any other related field from a recognized institution;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in similar position in a decent size fish farm farm
- For Technicians, we welcome graduates that possess strong intellectual acuity with no work experience;
- Thorough knowledge of fish growth performance (FCR, SFR Survival etc) and stock management procedures is mandatory.
Best breed is committed to first rate pay and exceptional work place benefits which includes free lunch, subsidized residential apartments, medical insurance and generous performance bonuses.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications (cover letter) and curriculum vitae to: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Application Deadline 22nd September, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.