1 Sep 2016
British American Tobacco Job for a Corporate Finance Manager, Compliance and Controls
by Jobzilla Nigeria at 9/01/2016 05:28:00 pm Tags: British American Tobacco , Business and Finance Jobs , Lagos Jobs
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
British American Tobacco is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Finance Manager, Compliance and Controls
Job number: 12073BR
Appointment type: Permanent
Job Purpose and Key Deliverables
- British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for a Corporate Finance Manager to join our team in Lagos.
- The jobholder will support Management in maintaining an appropriate balance of risk and control through the review of internal controls, investigations followed by recommending action plans to help maintain an appropriate balance of risk and control within the organisation. In addition, the role holder shall promote awareness of control and risk throughout the business and ensure compliance with UK and local Corporate Governance requirements.
Operational / Technical / Professional Results:
- Produce & communicate control environment progress to BAT Nigeria Leadership Team whilst highlighting potential internal control weaknesses within BAT Nigeria and ensuring that corrective actions are executed effectively on time
- Based on the External and Internal audit results, identify and highlight to management the potential processes that require overhauling to achieve transparency and control efficiencies with in BATN and its subsidiaries.
- Perform pre-audit preparation as appropriate to evaluate the control effectiveness of BATN and its subsidiaries’ processes, discuss the results of the review and follow up on the Management action plans.
- Perform investigations at the request of Management where compliance with existing controls are suspected of having broken down and discuss the results and agree relevant action plans.
- Monitor the process and structural changes within the organization and assess its implications on the control environment. Advise management on remedial action to sustain the control environment as well as reducing business risk exposure.
- “Stress test” the internal controls and governance procedures and processes within BATN to proactively envisage likely control gaps for appropriate remedial action.
- Discuss the compliance checks carried out on each process, the approach used and the timing of the checks with the internal and external auditors. Keep the management and the auditors abreast of any issues that may effect the audit planning, execution or outcome.
- Review projects & programs in the end market at the initiation, work in progress and completion stages, with the aim of embedding controls, business policies and procedures during implementation to achieve the objective of good corporate governance.
- Provide guidance during the implementation of new business processes to ensure that controls and compliance with policies & procedures are duly considered, and fully incorporated in the Process Improvement plan.
- Develop means and methods within the organisation to promote and monitor the compliance with Group/local governance rules and requirements; - (BAT Plc combine code / Standard of business conduct, relevant provisions of Company & Allied Matters Act and Central Bank of Nigeria’s Manual on Foreign Exchange & Miscellaneous provisions).
- Act as custodian for BATN and its subsidiaries’ Delegation of Authority as well as monitoring deviations from Regional and Global Delegation of Authority. Ensure DoA is kept up-to-date to reflect current business reality and operating structures needs; also raise awareness and drive compliance with DoA throughout Nigeria end market.
- Coordinate with AME Region the request for exemptions from applying certain policies and procedures when necessary by providing the region with justifications for such exemptions.
- To provide administrative support to the Nigeria Area Audit & CSR Committee, as well as its Risk Management Committee.
- Develop a collaborative relationship with the senior management as a centre of excellence for controls and risk management. - - Actively support management in Group governance framework (e.g. Control Navigator, Internal Control Signoff, IRIs, SOBC, etc).
- Work closely with security function in promoting and embedding the company risk management guidelines and support the production of robust business risks templates.
- Leverage technology to proactively manage control & governance issues associated with various on going Change Programs in Nigeria market, with a view of ensuring appropriate balance of risks and controls during and after the transition periods.
- The Corporate Finance Manager, Compliance and Controls will preferably be a qualified Finance / Audit Professional (ACA or ACCA or CIMA) and / or Audit professional with 4 years post qualification experience;
- The complexity and subjectivity of marketing requires an individual with proven potential and strong management and interpersonal skills. The following attributes and behaviours are required.
- Possession of MBA and membership of Chartered Institute of Taxation are added advantage with a highly commercial approach, though a graduate with finance & accounting majors and extensive commercial experience will also be considered.
- Sound analytical and statistical skills
- Excellent people leadership skills
- Good communication skills
- Working knowledge of SAP applications and its in-built controls.
- Minimum of 4 years knowledge and experience in FMCG environment;
- High strategic thinking ability
- Strong interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th September, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.