29 Sep 2016
British American Tobacco recruitment for Graduate Treasury Assistant
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
British American Tobacco is recruiting to fill the vacant job position below:
Job Title: Treasury Assistant (Contract)
Job number: 12721BR
Appointment type: Fixed term
- The job holder will proactively support to execute Treasury & Cash Management processes such as, cash management, Import, Foreign exchange transactions management, Insurance risk management, credit facilities, and banking relationships.
- Provide proactive support (within the global treasury strategy framework) in order to implement opportunities for enhancing treasury effectiveness and to assist teams in delivering the global Treasury strategy.
- Ensure that discrepancies in documentation by suppliers are sorted out quickly to facilitate supplier payment.
- Efficient allocation of transactions and receipts across banks.
- Effective Foreign exchange bids at inter-bank and export proceeds utilisation.
- Identify opportunities and implement for continuous improvement with regard to treasury management processes and systems.
- Execute treasury management activities following agreed global standard processes and frameworks
- Effective monitoring of cash status in all BATN Group banks to ensure compliance with mandates and counterparty limits.
- Effective monitoring of all trade transactions to ensure payments are made timely and proper ledger posting of the transactions.
- Ensure that employees are aware of regulations governing foreign exchange and other transactions.
- Ensure Treasury operating procedures and control systems are implemented throughout the company.
- Timely and accurate maintenance of the LC & Bills tracker.
- Timely preparation of monthly clearing journals to GL and other reports.
- Effectively interface with other finance functions (including AP, GL, and Marketing Finance) to achieve targets and accurate reporting.
- Effective relationship with banks to achieve competitive costs, support and improved services.
- The Treasury Assistant will work with and report directly to the Treasury Executive.
- The Treasury Executive will add value by driving innovative solutions that support Treasury operations.
- Play a lead role in the periodic review of treasury manual and other policies.
- Drive the pooling initiative
- Financial Accounting
- Supply Chain- Collaborate closely with Supply Chain Team in ensuring FX transaction documentation and OTIF settlement of foreign vendors.
- All employees requiring foreign exchange allowable by the CBN
- Treasury Manager
- Operations Finance
- Finance shared service centre - Collaborate closely with FSC to deliver effective treasury services.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Degree educated
- Minimum 1-5 years’ experience in an FMCG or similar environment
- Thorough understanding of Accounting principles
- Professional qualification i.e. (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written & oral communication skills
- In depth knowledge / experience in one or more specialist treasury activity
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 3rd November, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.