Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact
for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives
and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and
We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for
suitability to work with children. Wealso provide equal employment to
all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Palladium is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Development Coordinator
Project Overview and Role
- The purpose of the role is to initiate and support new business
development resulting in business growth of Palladium in Nigeria and to
assist the BD Team and Practice Areas in building partnerships with
development partners, the government of Nigeria and, as required, the
This will include:
- To identify, pursue and coordinate new business opportunities
with development partners, government organisations and the private
- To develop and implement a strategy for stakeholder engagement related to new business opportunities;
- provide inputs related to partnerships,
staffing and assist in strategically enhancing proposed solutions;
through engagement and active participation in public fora and
publication of research and thought pieces;
- To contribute to or lead on strategic projects as assigned by the BD Manager.
- To develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in
client organisations, national government agencies, relevant
sub-national government agencies, universities and think tanks, NGOs,
civil societies, partner organisations and service providers;
- To provide contextual advice on bids and proposals including
drafting sections of bids and
The role will report directly to the Development Director or BD Manager with the following reporting requirements:
- Attendance (in person or via teleconference) of all regional meetings of the Business Development team;
- Monthly update on BD opportunities/pipeline, results and updates
on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as well as any other important
- Exception reports as and when required;
- Any other reporting request as required.
- The role will report directly to the Development Director or BD
Manager and will be part of the BD Team within the region of the
International Development Business Unit.
- The role will be required to liaise closely with practice area
leaders, senior managers, colleagues in the BD team, other employees,
professional service providers and donor agencies, particularly DFID,
DFAT, USAID and the EC.
- A high degree of autonomy with appropriate consultation where applicable.
- The role will be required to analyse and make sound recommendations to the Regional Manager.
- The role will be expected to contribute to process improvement through innovative and cost effective proposals/ideas
- Relevant Master’s degree in International Development, Economics, Business or related technical field.
- Total minimum of 5 years of development experience in a major
development organisation, preferably with some years of experience in a
donor agency and demonstrated experience of working with government
- A deep understanding of the economic, social and political context of Nigeria
- Strong technical writing skills and proven ability
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to engage with public and private sector clients;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 2nd October, 2016.