Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental
organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the
problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the
world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the
assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating
activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost
importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and
Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable
and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain
its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an
accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Human Resources and Administration Manager
- Human Resources/Administration Manager based in field operations
are considered instrumental in keeping compliance with DRC’s
- The HRA Manager will be responsible to monitor and execute all
national HR(Human Resources) and HR administrative activities in close
cooperation with the HOFA (Head of Finance & Administration).
- HRA Manager serves as an HR anchor point for the Country
Director and as a link to the HR and Operational desks in the DRC
Regional Office in Abidjan.
- Bachelor Degree in Business administration/HR or Higher Diploma from Government Technical College in HR/Administration.
- Working experience in MS Office 2013 package including hands-on
experience/skills in MS Excel (experience in working with formulas),
Power Point, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated, proactive and able to accomplish set deadlines.
- 3-4-year working experience in field of HR/Administration
including recruitment, talent/performance management, training in
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of local languages.
- Experience in doing staff educational workshops i.e. CoC (Code of Conduct), Training/Capacity Building a.o.
- Willing to meet short deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Willing to travel within DRC offices within Nigeria.
- Experience in preparing reports.
- Experience in developing a ToR(Terms of Reference)
- Availability: ASAP (mid end September 2016)
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover
Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied
Hand delivery to:
The Head of Base,
DRC Maiduguri Office,
No. 548 Ashaka Road Potiskum close,
Off Damboa Road old GRA west,
No 49 Karewa GRA,
No. 64 Suleja Street,
John P Hirse Street,
Gwarinpa – Abuja.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel.
no.) of 3 professional non-related references. Please do not attach any
- Applications should be addressed to: Head of Finance & Administration.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties
and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be
considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per
applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax
Application Deadline 16th September, 2016.