28 Sep 2016
Discovery Cycle Professionals Vacancy for a Research and Innovative (R&I), Officer
Through our unique “DCP Ecosystem”, we have developed a wide range of multi-disciplinary professional services covering both private and public sectors of the economy.
Discovery Cycle Professionals (DCP) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research and Innovative (R&I), Officer
Reports to: Team Lead (TL)/DCP Thinking and Learning Lab Coordinator (TLLC)
- The R&I Officer will perform a variety of tasks depending on project deadlines in the DCP office. This will include but not limited to office/project management, technical and administrative tasks as assigned by the TL / TLLC.
- This position helps to extend the resources in the organization to better assist and direct the needs of our clients and also make meaningful contribution, gain new skills and put old ones to good use and above all stay productive and relevant in today’s competitive marketplace.
- Data entry and assisting with project/programmes coordination
- Maintenance of workplace solutions
- Constitute a configuration management team to undertake and implement tasks during projects for Discovery Cycle and its Subsidiaries
- Maintain knowledge base of emerging projects and programmes - gather, input, write descriptions, maintain data integrity; promote and foster access to the knowledge base.
- Technology transfer: make connections between internal organizations, business needs, and technology offerings
- Promote, incubate and explore innovative solutions.
- Undertake and implement technical related tasks as approved by TL and Top Management.
- Project/ Programmes research and services development
- Ensure industry standard quality control and project risk management on all completed projects
- Other duties specifically around coordination of special projects and programmes, or as assigned
- Strong motivational skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Decision-making skills
- The ability to multitask
- Good planning and time management skills
- Research skills
- Presentation skills
- Analytical skills
- Tactical and interpersonal
- Proactive identification and elimination of inefficiencies
- Continual self-development
- Be courteous and personable when dealing with the public
- Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, and detail-oriented
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of all DCP related information.
- Attends general volunteer orientation
- Goal and quality oriented
- Must present a professional appearance and a friendly manner
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Completes office orientation which includes training on the following items:
- Database Tutorial
- Filing System
- Training and supervision (conducted by TL or designated staff)
- All officers MUST complete a 60 day evaluation
All intending officers MUST meet the following requirements:
- Basic knowledge of computer usage and applications,
- The programme covers for a period of 8 weeks (uninterrupted)
- Working hours: 8am-5pm every day of the week excluding weekends
- All officers MUST come along with a working laptop for effective learning,
- A minimum of B.Sc. (or its equivalent) in any field, serving and intending NYSC corp. members are welcome to apply. Also, note that higher qualifications (e.g. M. Sc, Ph. D) are an added advantage.
- Meaningful contribution, and knowledge of team work dynamics.
- Gain new skills and put old ones to good use and above all stay productive and relevant in today’s competitive marketplace
- Workplace experience, knowledge of project and programme management
- Learning how to pitch and market your ideas.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This is not a paid position
Application Deadline 4th October, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.