KPMG Nigeria – Our client, a privately owned educational facility
offering Nursery, Primary and Secondary educational services to its
students. Its mission is “to provide world class education to children”
with the aim of providing the students with a sound and solid education
while at the same
time developing the total child. It has nine locations
in Lagos; with the objective of becoming one of the top 3 educational
institutions of its kind while also expanding to other viable locations.
In line with this growth agenda as well as its desire to ensure critical
roles are filled by best in class talent with the requisite experience
and desired attributes, our Client seeks to recruit an experienced and
motivated individual to fill the role of:
Job Title: Financial Controller – Educational Facility
Ref #: CFC001
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Industry / Sector: Educational
Detailed Job Description
- The Financial Controller (FC) will have operational
responsibility for all financial matters of the institution covering
finance, accounting, treasury, planning & budgeting etc.
- The FC will also be responsible for ensuring the finance staff
across all locations have the necessary capacity to manage cost
effectively, while also ensuring adherence to sound accounting policies
and practices as well as rigorous internal control procedures.
- The role will report to the Chief Executive Officer as well as the Treasurer of the Schools’ Governing Board.
- The FC is expected to ensure adequacy of controls to safeguard
the financial and other assets of the institution. A key focus of the
role will be to ensure value for money with regards to the institution’s
expenditure and investments while also working with the Chief Executive
Officer to ensure effective cost management over the operations of the
- Understand the strategic direction of the School and provide
high level, proactive financial expertise and inputs for both short term
and long term financial planning.
- Champion the translation of the School’s strategy into financial
and business plans, projections and performance monitoring and
- Oversee the internal budget processes to support the Trust
Council in the annual budget process and monitoring of budgets during
- Lead the preparation of feasibility studies for new projects initiatives.
- Prepare up to date structured cash flow management system for the school.
- Oversee capital planning and modeling and optimization of investment income.
- Oversee donor and endowment accounting, annual scholarship
budgeting, spending rate and coordinates communications with
- Manage relationships internally and with external bodies, Tax
and regulatory authorities and other stakeholders to ensure a fair and
positive outlook for the school.
- Prepare for and drive annual external audit, ensuring adherence
to accounting standards, partnership with quality service providers and
adherence to agreed deadlines.
- Ensure the maintenance of an orderly accounting filing system and sustain a structure of controls over accounting transactions.
- Articulate, develop and oversee strategies to ensure that the
School’s funding requirements are proactively anticipated and met at a
- Oversee the formulation and implementation of strategies to
ensure effective management and utilization of the School’s IT
infrastructure especially the deployment of the ERP.
- Ensure that controls in place are appropriate, working and in line with industry standards within the education sector.
- Prepare all periodic and final reports/statements in line with the Schools’ Governing Board’s requirements.
- Perform other functions as necessary or as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Attributes
- First degree in Accounting or related disciplines from a
reputable institution, and must be a member of any of the recognized
professional bodies, e.g. ICAN, ACCA, ACA or CPA.
- Strong analytical and planning skills.
- Strategic thinking skills.
- Commercial acumen
- Effective leadership and team-building skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years’ experience with middle to senior
management responsibilities preferably in a well-established
- Demonstrated record of effective financial management, with
experience in structured financial accounting systems and knowledge of
International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and local laws and
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply