Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of fragrances and
flavours. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer goods and
fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that delight
consumers the world over. With a passion to understand consumers’
preferences and a
relentless drive to innovate, Givaudan is at the
forefront of creating flavours and fragrances that ‘engage your senses’.
Givaudan is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Technologist Savoury/Beverages
Requisition ID: 59061
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The primary focus of this position is to execute daily brief-related
tasks and apply knowledge during the flavour selection, evaluation and
application development. Serve as technical expert and advisor to
marketing, sales, flavour creation, and customers for specific savoury
applications. Sounds interesting? It could well be your perfect
opportuity if, like us you always aim to exceed customer needs, deliver
value and are skilled at fostering strong relationships.
In this exciting role you will:
- Providing technical support to customers (directly) or through
project briefs, including the recommendation of flavours and technical
information on application issues.
- Prepare, organize, and/or execute state-of-the-art flavoured food products for customer presentations
- Take responsibility for technical customer communication to achieve a positive outcome of projects.
- Leverage on new technologies for submissions to customers and also identify new opportunities.
- Provide support and exchange information on flavour performance, food recipes with other Givaudan sites
- Maintain the product portfolio and support the local librarian sensory evaluations
- Able to travel in the Sub-Saharan African region..
- Recommend optimal flavours for customer projects according to
all relevant requirements (taste profile, legislation, technical
suitability, costs, etc) and maintain the flavour collections
- Develop new application recipes as well as new concepts for
customers, based on new developments in the market, trends, new raw
- Work strictly according to the company requirements for optimal safety, hygiene and protection of the environment
- Act as independent project leader for all allocated projects
- Report results in concise way in support of WinRate and sales.
- Arrange and conduct tasting sessions, process and interpret the results to customers and internally
- Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who
thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative
team environment? Who wants to collaborate and work in a team as
passionate as you are? Then come join us – and impact your world.
Your professional profile includes:
- Diploma/Degree in Food Science / Technology
- 3 – 5 years Senior Product Development Experience in the Savoury segment
- Ability to balance both analytical and intuitive thinking
- Ability to work in complex matrix organisation
- Hands-on work style with a Winning personality
- Ability to gather the know-how from other units
- Passion for food technology, culinary trends and innovation.
- Practical experience in food product development, manufacturing and flavour applications
- Well-developed olfactory and sensory skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Computer Skill MS Office based programs with emphasis on Excel, Power Point and Word
- Team-focussed work style, whilst being able to work independently
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply