29 Sep 2016
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) recruitment for a Procurement Site Liasion Manager
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa's largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Site Liasion Manager
Requisition ID: WD92966
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Functional area: Procurement
Job type: Full time
Job Purpose/Key Responsibilities
- Production procurement supports the commercial ambitions of gsk by providing procurement services to gms for production materials and site indirects. The key mechanisms for this delivery are the sourcing and selection of suppliers, supplier relationship management, and risk mitigation.
- The site liaison manager (slm) is responsible for partnering with the site to ensure its priorities and business requirements are understood, and for delivering a high level of customer service and support.
- The success of the shared service model relies on the relationship between the service provider and customer to deliver the service to meet agreed business requirements. This role will require high level influencing and teamwork/customer focus.
- Serve as the ambassador for production procurement and represent procurement to the site leadership team
- Delivery of site procurement plan and savings targets
- Alignment of production procurement activities with site priorities
- Develop monthly site le and review financials with slt; track actuals & address discrepancies
- Lead and coordinate procurement strategy events and procurement cogs reviews at site
- Ownership and management of site riskpacks and ownership of supply risks identified on the site risk management system
- Site business requirements communicated to commodity managers and addressed in sourcing strategies
- Resolution of procurement-owned supply issues and communication of root cause and corrective actions to site
- Deliver excellent customer service, and maintain a high level of visibility and performance with site stakeholders
- Serve as the main procurement point of contact for the site, and primary site contact for procurement
- Manage and influence key business and procurement stakeholders
- Identify and drive savings opportunities
- Update site on procurement initiatives, planned projects, changes to category responsibility, etc.
- Assess contract coverage for key materials and services and highlight risks with commodity managers and site
- Assist site with material costs for new products (contract manufacturing, product transfers & product line extensions); work with commodity teams to establish supply chains
- Advise site staff on relevant procurement policies, ways of working and responsibilities. Conduct training, on procurement policies, as required
- Support key supplier relationship management
- Share and implement best practice across the slm community
- Support data accuracy within site systems
- Drive and monitor implementation of procurement activities (e.g., projects, strategy implementation) at site, and update site on the status of key projects and supplier changes
- Support site working capital initiatives; identify and lead opportunities to reduce inventory costs
- Ensure site compliance to issue escalation process. Escalate 2nd touch supply issues, as needed
- Communicate key site information (e.g., site strategies & priorities, budgets, financial targets) to commodity teams
- Support site finance with annual budgeting and standard setting processes
- Input in to project investment proposals, as required
- High Degree of complexity coordinating support from multiple commodity teams and working within a matrix organization
- Understanding different perspectives and satisfying the needs and expectations of all stakeholders, both within production procurement and the site
- Managing interfaces between procurement and the site
- Balancing the expectations of both procurement and site stakeholders
- Adapting and responding to regularly changing business requirements
- Balancing both strategic and operational requirements.
- Managing relationships with other procurement staff remotely
- Any interruption of supply results in immediate and extended impact on gsk revenue stream
- At least 6 years experience in a similar role
- Bachelors Degree at the minimum in related area
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.