GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading research based
pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the
quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and
live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer
healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade,
Ribena and Panadol.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shopper Marketing Manager
Requisition ID: WD90558
- Define and develop shopper marketing strategy for Nigeria Cx
business through adoption/adaptation of Africa Shopper Marketing
guidelines in the context of the Nigerian trade environment
- Partner with Africa and category expert teams to deliver shopper
marketing plans for Nigeria based on actionable commercial, competitor
and shopper insight to drive brand share and equity ahead of competition
- Accountable for tracking implementation (Big 5 ie. Range,
merchandising, connections, pricing and promotion) and impact (First
Choice At Shelf) across consumer healthcare portfolio and recommend
- Ownership of BTL funds for the assigned channels ,including deployment and tracking.
- Build category defining brands our consumers will love
- Develop actionable local shopper insights that build on global
insight to generate locally relevant shopper Task Maps driving focus at
- Ensure the Brand Heart is brought to life consistently in all local shopper activation to build long term brand equity
- Identify investment priorities within shopper activation programme based on robust measurement
- Develop winning shopper execution briefs and lead co-creation with
agency partners to adapt global executions by exception addressing
validated local insights and improving ROI
- Drive/sustain first choice of brand at shelf
- Partner with Market Activation & Customer Marketing Lead and
other functional stakeholders (eg. Consumer, Sales and Expert marketing)
to ensure co-delivery of Winning Formula and commercial goals
- Champion shopper mindset across Nigeria including coaching wider business on shopper capability and value
- Share and execute shopper best practice globally and across Nigeria.
- Ensure compliance with global category guidelines and local regulatory requirements
- Key liaison between Sales and Marketing.
- Draws budget for Shopper marketing activities from A&P budgets for which Brand Managers are responsible.
Deliver excellence in commercial delivery to become first choice for shoppers, customers and experts:
- Provide shopper input into winning Market Activation Plans (MAPs) in
the context of the trade environment in partnership with LOC’s.
- Define and drive shopper marketing strategies to strengthen brand
visibility and competitive differentiation at point of purchase.
- Drive winning LOC shopper execution: Determine the shopper journey,
develop inspiring shopper activation toolkits (‘perfect stores’) and
ensure brand fundamental are executed consistently throughout the path
to purchase, customizing by channel and customer as relevant
- Drive brilliant in-market execution of shopper activation programme using global models and best practice
Use science and innovation to improve lives:
- Develop shopper activation plans for innovation launches, in close
collaboration with Marketing/Brand Managers to secure launch success
- Validate, localize and consistently deploy winning claims at point
of purchase, working closely with Category, regulatory, medical and
Deliver high quality products and service at the right time and cost:
- Deliver most impactful shopper activation tool kit within the available budget
- Recommend optimal investment mixes by trade channel / customer
Shape talent and culture by living our values and developing our people in a high performance culture:
- Play a key role in the LOC marketing team in contributing shopper plans to the overall marketing strategy
- Leverage Marketing Way as “the way GSK does marketing”, coaching LOC
activation teams and Marketing teams, sharing shopper best practice and
championing continuous improvement
- Develop understanding of key trade customers (key accounts, wholesalers, distributors)
- Drive external focus including regular trade visits across all main channels with in-market activation teams
- Model GSK values & behaviours and compliance with all GSK codes of practice.
Impact measurement in driving business to first and best FMCH:
- Deliver and track shopper KPIs such as – First Choice at Shelf,
Share of Shelf, Share of Display, Share of Feature, Numeric and Weighted
Distribution and recommend appropriate action to drive performance
- Analyze the impact of shopper activity on the P&L and develop alternative plans where appropriate
- Measure success of local initiatives and provide timely and quality feedback to Category expert teams
- At least 5 years experience in a commercial role of which at least 2 years must be in shopper marketing.
- We have an agenda to accelerate our business in Africa.
- Candidates must be able to operate effectively and efficiently with an FMCG mind set from day 1
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply