5 Sep 2016
Humanitarian WASH Assistant Job at
education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
Save the Children is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Humanitarian WASH Assistant
Location: Borno, Nigeria
- To support implementation of WASH component of project including construction/rehabilitations, follow up of community hygiene groups, and collaboration with WASH stakeholders at state/LGA levels.
Objective 1: Implement, hygiene promotion, and community mobilisation activities at LGA level
- Facilitate carrying out community mobilization and hygiene promotion session among the IDPs and host communities.
- Proactively participate in the selection of beneficiaries for the NFI kit along with full participation in the distribution process.
- Provide full support to WASH Officer in maintaining regular contact with local stakeholders including Government Ministries/Department/Agencies at LGA level
- Proactively participate in Information, Education and Communication (IEC) activities for sanitation and hygiene promotion activities at LGA level.
- Assist the WASH Officer in providing training to Health Workers/Community Volunteers/WaSHCom and other partners on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
- Support the WASH Officer in organizing information meetings with community members to develop their knowledge in terms of water quality and hygienic practices.
- Participate in the monitoring of all hygiene promotion activities to ensure behavioural change and project ownership
- Ensure post distribution monitoring mechanism in place for NFI kits and target communities are equally trained for handling and usage.
- Assist the WASH Officer in defining the approach with local stakeholders.
- Collaborate well with Community Volunteers (CVs) on hygiene promotion messaging and act as an interface between IDPs and CVs.
Administrative & General Skills:
- First degree in Geology, Civil Engineering or other WASH-related fields from a recognized/accredited Tertiary Institution in Nigeria
- Computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English and Hausa, spoken and written
- Ability to work in partnership with government and other NGO staff
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility with good workload management, multitasking and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- At least two years post-graduation experience
- Advanced degree will be an added advantage
- Previous experience with other local and international NGOs
- Experience in Nutrition and in community based programmes
- Training and experience on borehole and VIP latrine construction/rehabilitation
- Community mobilisation and advocacy experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 12th September, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.