Marriott International is a leading global lodging company based in
Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries
and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its
heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C.,
in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
The company operates
and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts under 19
brands, including: Marriott Hotels, The Ritz-Carlton, JW Marriott,
Bulgari, EDITION, Renaissance, Gaylord Hotels, Autograph Collection, AC
Hotels by Marriott, Moxy Hotels, Courtyard, Fairfield Inn & Suites,
SpringHill Suites, Residence Inn, TownePlace Suites, Protea Hotels,
Delta Hotels and Resorts, Marriott Executive Apartments and Marriott
Vacation Club. Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide
at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has
been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior
business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest
loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®
program, which together surpass 49M members.
consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business
operations, which it conducts based on five core values: put people
first, pursue excellence, embrace change, act with integrity, and serve
The following job vacancies exist at Ikeja Renaissance Hotel
Job Title: Sales Executive
Job Number: 160013RR
Job Category: Sales & Marketing
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet,
peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask “why” when given an
explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience.
You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood,
always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel
guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place. You’ve got
authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people.
Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it’s a place to
discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re
not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
- Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Sales, Data
Administration, Accounting) as necessary to resolve guest calls,
requests, or problems.
- Use sales techniques that maximize revenue while maintaining
existing guest loyalty to Marriott, including up-selling. Determine and
give complimentaries to guests as gifts for their patronage (e.g.,
rewards points, show tickets, gift certificates).
- Assist management in training and motivating employees; serve as a role model.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and
personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality
of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company
standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; thank guests
with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare
and review written documents accurately and completely; answer
telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive
working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals;
listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Monitor the performance of others to ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats.
- Promote awareness of brand image internally and externally.
- Process requests for redeeming Marriott Rewards points. Process
all reservation requests, changes, and cancellations received by phone,
fax, or mail.
- Enter Marriott Rewards information into appropriate software when taking guest reservations.
- Answer, record, and process all guest calls, requests,
questions, or concerns. Perform general office duties to support Sales
& Marketing (e.g., filing, sending emails, typing, faxing).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less
than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable
job duties as requested by Supervisors.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply