iMMAP is a pioneering organization that is leading the way forward in
the effective use of information management practices and principles in
the service of humanitarian relief and development.
iMMAP is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager
Program Title: Information management support to humanitarian organizations
Start date: As soon as possible
The conflict between Boko Haram and Nigerian government has led
to a humanitarian and security crisis, which has spilled over to
neighboring countries such as Niger, Cameroon and Chad. An
international coordinated military operation against the insurgent group
has seen a massive population displacement and the worsening of the
humanitarian situation. Recent military gains by the Nigerian armed
forces resulted in the liberation of big swats of the north-east of the
country, which were a stronghold of Boko Haram.
The humanitarian community is still assessing the scale of the needs in
those areas and the United Nations, along with several national,
international NGOs and the Nigerian government, is leading the response
efforts to the millions in needs.
Scope of the Work
- iMMAP is looking for an experienced Program Manager (PM) with strong background in emergency settings.
- He/she will ensure that work plans are adhered to by the team and the strategic objectives of the project are achieved.
- The incumbent will oversee the team of national and
international staff providing technical information management
assistance to clusters/sectors in their work.
- Reporting to iMMAP Regional Representative and under the overall
guidance of the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer,
the Program Manager will provide management support to the IM Officers
working with the clusters/sectors.
His/her duties are, but not limited to the following:
- Coordinate with team members to ensure consistency in iMMAP’s technical support across the sectors;
- Maintain continuous communication with the supported clusters
for better delivery of IM assistance to their humanitarian programs;
- Provide the managerial support to the team and assist in resolving challenges faced in their work;
- Ensure timely reporting by the IMOs on their work;
- Monitor the performance and skills of iMMAP team members and ensure satisfactorily service to our clients;
- Organize periodic meetings with the donor to brief on the progress in the project implementation;
- Work closely with UNOCHA to ensure that efforts are coordinated and duplications avoided;
- Represent iMMAP in various coordination meetings with the UN, ONGs and donors;
- Provide monthly, quarterly and upon request performance reports,
presentations and activities reports according to donor and HQ
- Perform any other duty as requested by supervisors.
- Advanced university Degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Information Science or other relevant fields;
- A first level university Degree combined with an extensive relevant professional experience may be accepted.
- Proven ability and experience interacting with a wide range of
organizations and stakeholders from the UN, donors, clusters, NGOs;
- Experience in emergency relief management and field coordination;
- Strong presentation and communication skills;
- Service orientated and ability to build consensus.
- Fluency in English is a must (written and spoken).
- At least 15 years of experience with increasing responsibility
in management positions, preferably within the UN or other humanitarian
- Complete understanding of the UN cluster system and its functioning;
As part of the iMMAP commitment to organizational learning, and in
support of the understanding that learning organizations are more
effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, it is
expected that the PM will commit 5% of his/her time to learning
activities that benefit iMMAP as well as individual professional
Accountability to Beneficiaries
iMMAP team members are expected to support all efforts toward
accountability, specifically to beneficiaries of iMMAP programs, and to
standards guiding international relief and development work, while
actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the
design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply