2 Sep 2016
International Medical Corps (IMC) Job in Nigeria for a Women's Center Case Worker
voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
International Medical Corps has been operating in Nigeria since November 2013. It currently has its country office in Abuja and field offices in Kano, Sokoto and Maiduguri where it is implementing emergency Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) projects, building capacity of local health systems and structures, ensuring the provision of quality, accessible Nutrition and Health Care for Children under five years of age.
International Medical Corps is therefore looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Women’s Center Case Worker to be based in its Maiduguri office.
Job Title: WOMEN’S CENTER CASE WORKER –MAIDUGURI
The Women’s Center Case Worker will be responsible for case management and psychosocial support of vulnerable women, including survivors of violence, in one of the project sites in Maiduguri
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Support Volunteers to conduct community outreach and provide basic emotional support and referrals to survivors
- Complete and maintain case management records to
- Participate in case review meetings
- Submit case management reports
- Contribute to a positive team environment
- Practice self-care
- Maintain confidentiality and ethical conduct
- Provide direct, one-on-one and ongoing case management services, including safety planning
- Provide direct, one-on-one emotional support to survivors throughout case management process
- Provide referrals for survivors to other services, including accompaniment of survivors where appropriate
- Ensure survivor-centered services, including adherence to guiding principles
- University degree or HND preferably in social science
- Experience working with survivors of GBV an asset
- Ability to speak Hausa language required
- Previous training/experience in GBV programming an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to helping others.
- Demonstrated discretion and good judgment
How to apply:This is a woman-only position. Qualified women applicants are encouraged to apply
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be addressed to the Human Resource Officer, International Medical Corps via the email: email@example.com
Candidates MUST state the position that they are applying for as the subject of their email, otherwise applications will not be considered.
Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document.
Those who have applied before need not apply again.
This is a woman-only position. Qualified women applicants are encouraged to apply
Deadline for submission is 11th September, 2016
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.