29 Sep 2016
International Organization for Migration (IOM) Vacancy for a Project Manager in Lagos
by Jobzilla Nigeria at 9/29/2016 01:30:00 pm Tags: International Organization for Migration , Lagos Jobs , Project Management Jobs
IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
International Organization for Migration is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission, and in close coordination with the Regional Office for West and Central Africa, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the EC-funded project for Support to the reintegration of returning migrants to Nigeria.
- Manage the project’s implementation in a timely manner, overseeing its financial, administrative and technical aspects, in line with IOM’s policies and procedures, as well as donor requirements.
- Monitor project progress, specifically aimed at increasing effectiveness and recommending appropriate action.
- Supervise all staff assigned to the project, as well as consultants recruited to support and/or undertake specific activities.
- Act as IOM national focal point for return/repatriation and reintegration and manage associated projects, upon request.
- Identify new project possibilities in the country on AVRR, in relation to expressed governmental needs, donors’ priorities and in line with IOM’s mandate and strategy.
- Represent IOM at relevant seminars and meetings, as well as other events aimed at promoting IOM’s image and activities.
- Undertake site visits and duty travel as required.
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with Government entities, implementing partners, UN agencies and other stakeholders in the project’s target countries.
- Prepare progress and other reports and ensure proper information exchange on all operational aspects of the project between IOM, the programme’s donors and other stakeholders.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Master's Degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University Degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in project management, including managing Migrant Assistance and Return/Reintegration project with a Government or UN agency, or a regional or international organization;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills;
- Good knowledge of project management, monitoring and evaluation principles and practices;
- Familiarity with budget/financial administration; proven resource management skills.
- Experience implementing similar projects in the Middle East and/or North Africa, and/or reintegration projects in Sub-Saharan countries is preferred;
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with relevant Government counterparts, international organizations and private sector entities.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Accountability - takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
- Client Orientation - works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
- Teamwork - contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Communication - listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Creativity and Initiative - actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
- Leadership and Negotiation - develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Continuous Learning - promotes continuous learning for self and others;
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
- Performance Management - identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
- Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
- Appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.