GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world’s leading research based
pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the
quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and
live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa’s largest consumer
healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade,
Ribena and Panadol.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria/WCA IT Manager
Requisition ID: WD84774
Position: Full time
Functional area: IT
- To act as a single point of contact and accountability for IT business partnering, projects and service delivery.
Stakeholder Management & Strategic Partnering:
- Provide functional and thought leadership to IT and business
leadership teams on ‘art of the possible’ to inspire and drive
innovation and transformation in GSK businesses.
- To work as IT Single Point of Contact for in-market Pharma business.
- To influence and actively participate in the definition and prioritization of GPIT strategies and solutions.
- To work with the GPIT Leadership Team and key market business
stakeholders to ensure the successful and on-time strategy deployment
for Corporate Business Services (CBS) and GPIT projects, target
operating model and delivery of benefits.
- To ensure IT budget and funding is approved by all stakeholders
both locally and above country and manage/track the market IT budget.
- To provide leadership and consultation to Pharma stakeholders on
IT investments and value-add activities in alignment and support of
business strategic initiatives.
- To work closely with the Pharma business to understand and
ensure local business requirements, expectations and opportunities for
countries in scope are identified, prioritized and represented in GPIT
Project Portfolio Management & Delivery:
- To ensure that all pre-project business analyses and other
activities necessary to build Business Case, start projects and control
budget are delivered.
- To ensure business users of new and/or changed IT systems modify
their processes and/or ways of working to derive the planned benefits
from the system.
- Define problem statement and involve proper IT and non IT
stakeholders, specialists and Business Consultants necessary to deliver
Business Case and start project and ensure successful project delivery.
Service Management & Delivery:
- To ensure that Customer Satisfaction is regularly measured,
analysed, necessary corrective actions and improvement actions are
- To lead/facilitate serious escalation processes in countries in
scope and to lead/coordinate the GPIT response to crisis situations,
like unavailability of a critical system, data loss, FLU Pandemic, etc.
Support other Business Unit Operations:
- Support Consumer and GMS operations where there is no IT representation from these Business Units
- At least 8 years’ relevant experience in the application of
information technology to solve business problems, with at least 2
years’ experience in IT management and relationship management with IT
vendors and in-sourced IT service providers
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- Strong matrix working skills, including networking and teamwork abilities
- Strong Account Management skills & customer focus
- Budget management experience
- Strong management & interpersonal skills with other cultures and communication skills.
- Strong matrix management skills, including networking and teamwork abilities
- Strong multi-tasking skills and prioritisation skills with a flexible attitude as priorities change.
- Comprehensive knowledge of system design principles and
methodologies including requirements management, change management,
issue management, financial management and quality control
- Good knowledge of business & cross company processes and
strategies and good understanding of how the business processes are
supported by key IT systems (ERP, CRM, HR respectively). Hands on
experience in a program or project role will be a bonus.
- Regional working experience and proven track record in leading and influencing cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
- Ability to manage complexity and derive simplicity from it whenever possible
- Ability to proactively coach and develop staff across the varying countries and cultures.
- Ability to strategic thinking, planning and fast learning. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong spoken and written skills in English required (in addition to English, French will be an asset)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply