21 Sep 2016
Job at VSO for a Project Advisor (Professional National Volunteer) in Abuja
make the world a fairer place.
VSO is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Advisor (Professional National Volunteer)
Duration: 12 Months
- Providing supportive supervision and coordination of outreach programs; Review project activities for technical adequacy, appropriateness and compliance.
The NPV is a strategic, supervisory and coordination role operating at State level in specific locations, and working with the project team and other volunteers. Responsible for:
- Reviewing project activities for technical adequacy, appropriateness of actions or decisions, and compliance with policy and other requirements;
- Assessing services and recommending improvements;
- Support in coordinating, monitoring and supervising the community-based promotion and mobilization activities related to the project implementation;
- Promoting programme within communities, especially in advocacy and integration of community leaders and decision makers;
- Assist in developing training plans and refresher training of farmers, partners, and Volunteers;
- Support project activities around facilitation, follow-up, coordination, communication, trainings, monitoring and evaluation etc.
- Providing supportive supervision and coordination of outreach programs for community development, partners and volunteers;
- Strengthening programs in the areas of economic and business development, workforce development, education and training, marketing and communications;
- Responsible for community sensitisation and mobilisation regarding all aspects of the project, in close consultation with the various partners and project management team;
Key Performance Indicators
- Stakeholders’ satisfaction with standard and frequency of project activity, progress, outcome, communications, and reports.
- Community and government agency leaders are fully integrated into program and visibly support implementation and mobilization activities.
- High level of community members’ positive participation based on sensitivity, relevance and appropriateness of projects to needs.
- High quality and timely reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Community sensitization and mobilization events are successfully conducted with positive actions by the beneficiaries.
Striving for excellence - Strength:
- Leads initiatives to improve monitoring, evaluation and learning; is a role model for continuous learning and improvement.
- Builds a high performing team that meets challenging objectives linked to corporate objectives; ensures own team works efficiently with other teams.
- Helps team members to create and implement clear development plans that meet their own -and VSO’s - short and long term needs. Processes and opportunities.
- Successfully leads teams and develops others’ team-working skills.
- Inspires others by: advocating plans and ideas within and outside VSO; maintaining a wide, influential network; coaching
- Leads initiatives that improve knowledge management; develops others’ knowledge management skills.
- Builds confidence and excitement in VSO's work and vision, both internally and externally; leads innovative projects.
- Leads strategic projects, coaching others to consider global and long-term impact, and to consult within and beyond VSO.
- Analyses objectives, considers options, plans and manages appropriately; holds self and team accountable for achieving goals.
- Education/Qualification - Bachelor’s degree
- Working Experience: Minimum 10 years of leadership roles working in or closely with government agencies delivering services to women, youth and farmers.
- Organization and planning - Excellent coordination and planning skills with experience of working under pressure.
- Analysis and creative problem-solving - Ability to analyse and quickly grasp the fundamentals of a need or issue. Able to find innovative ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
- Commitment to VSO’s work and values
- Communication - Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak fluent Hausa.
- Experience living and working in Northern Nigeria.
- Relationship Building - Ability to build effective working relationships, inspiring confidence and credibility with employees at all levels, and a strong influencer of others.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th September, 2016.
Interview/Assessment Date(s) 1st October, 2016.
Start Date 1st November 2016
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.