Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS), is a
non-profit organization registered in 2007 in Nigeria with the core
objective of expanding quality health care and treatment in Africa. Over
the years, HIFASS has provided manpower and associated technical
support to PEPFAR
HIV/AIDS program and Research activities, USAID and
World Bank funded projects in Nigeria and further more played a role in
the management of personnel services.
HIFASS is therefore seeking the employment of the job position listed below:
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Location: HIFASS HQ Abuja
Work Hours: full-time 40 hours/week
- The Accounts Assistant will assist the Accountant on updates of
all accounts records and transactions according to the accounting
regulations manage and maintain the accounting procedures and policies
in line with the financial guidelines of HIFASS.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Accountant to routinely monitor financial expenditures regarding program activities.
- Assist the Accountant in preparation of monthly and annual
financial reports, including financial status of sub-projects account
activities with accompanying bank documentation and receipts.
- Prepare and process all requisitions for goods and services in
line with HIFASS standard practices with appropriate supporting
- Ensure timely preparation and distribution of employee pay slips and filing of same at the Head Office.
- Assist in monitoring cashflow and preparing cash reports as necessary.
- Providing support in internal and external audit exercises.
- Assist to ensure prompt remittances of PAYE, staff Pension
Contribution, NSITF, Group Life Assurance and other Statutory
- Maintaining petty cash imprest system and reconciling bank accounts and the petty cash for replenishment.
- Assist to maintain an up to date soft and hard filing system for
all financial and other files as assigned, and safely keeping the hard
- Supports the Accountants in the review of all payment requests
and determines the propriety and accuracy of all expenditures. Assures
completeness of supporting documentation and coding in accordance with
HIFASS policies and procedures.
- Work with the Accountant to prepare fiscal year and projects budgets and enter them into HIFASS’s accounting software program.
- Assists the Accountant in tracking all advances to ensure that they are retired in a timely manner.
- Manage all cheque logistics in line with the HIFASS policies.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Training Requirement
- B.Sc/HND in Accountancy or related discipline.
Prior Work Experience:
- Minimum of Two years post NYSC experience in NGO Account
Management. Relevant professional qualifications will be an added
advantage. Knowledge of OMB Circular A-122 “
Knowledge and skills:
- Sound Reporting Skills
- Efficient use of spreadsheet, data base softwares and Quickbooks.
- Knowledge of OMB Circulars
- Cost Principles for Non-profit Organizations
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Part 31 “Contract Cost Principles and Procedures is required;
- Familiar with automated financial reporting; Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Organised, Detail-oriented and ability to meet deadlines
- General accounting principles & IFRS.
- High numerical skills
- Candidate must be resident in Abuja and should be able to resume within short notice.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application
letters and CV’s to “The Human Resources Manager” (HIFASS) and
additional certificates that supports or address to: firstname.lastname@example.org – specifying the position title as the SUBJECT of the mail.
Note: All attachments should be submitted in PDF and
Word formats. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
for an interview.
Application Deadline 12th September, 2016.