The Population Council is an international, non-profit, non-governmental
institution that seeks to improve the well-being and reproductive
health of current and future generations around the world and help
achieve a humane, equitable and sustainable balance between people and
The Council’s major program areas ace HIV&AIDS,
Reproductive Health and Poverty, Gender, and Youth. The Council conducts
biomedical, social science and public health research and helps build
research capacities in developing countries. The Population Council
works in collaboration with a broad range of Nigerian institutions.
The Population Council is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant/Driver, RH-HRH
Location: Calabar, Nigeria
Job Type: Contract Full-Time
- To provide reliable and courteous transportation service to staff and maintain vehicle documentation.
- Operate and maintain vehicles with a focus on safety and passenger courtesy.
- Assist passengers courteously, and help with their baggage where necessary.
- Reads and interpret maps and driving directions to plan the most efficient route services.
- Keep assigned vehicles clean inside and outside.
- Coordinate the schedule for major or periodic vehicle maintenance with management and staff to minimize service interruptions.
- Run ad hoc errands.
- Ensure that vehicles are parked in safe compounds, especially on overnight stays.
- Ensure that tool kits are in vehicles and that they are complete.
- Ensure policies regarding security and communications are followed.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records as requested by management, including vehicle logs and vehicle documentation.
- Performs minor maintenance tasks on assigned vehicles, including
general upkeep, and checking for example oil, water, break, clutch
fluid, tyre pressures. Ensure any faults are promptly and appropriately
- Fuel vehicle.
- Level of Education – Completion of Secondary School
- Two years’ work experience in driving with NGO
- General Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Excellent
- Language Requirements – English – Good
- Ability to interact in cross-cultural setting with ease.
- Specialist Training/Qualification – Certificate of driver mechanic trade test
- Valid Driver’s license
- Knowledge of the local terrain, that is, Cross River State.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click here to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please submit the following documents:
- Current CV with a cover letter
- A copy of Mechanic Trade Test
- A copy of valid Driver’s license
Application Deadline 4th October, 2016.