Peoplesource Consulting – Our client, a part of the Sub Sahara Africa
Cluster (SSA) of a leader in the global packaging market. It is
responsible for West Africa and consists of more than 20 countries
within its market including Senegal, Ghana and Cameroun. We are
currently looking to help our client fill the role of:
Job Title: Key Account Manager
Ref No: PTPKAM 04
Department: Marketing and Sales
Reports to: Sales Management and Marketing & Product Management Director
- You will lead a cross functional Key Account team to build
strong customer relationship to achieve sustainable growth by
identifying and capturing short, medium and long term business
opportunities and will have the ability to see the broad business
perspective and an analytical approach.
- You will require good communication skills and will be an
experienced leader who is able to work in both informal and formal
- This position offers a good overview of the client company which
will afford you the opportunity to develop yourself in your career.
- To deliver sales targets, champion partnership with strategic
accounts, application of the industry value chain model, contributing to
the company’s relationship management strategy and mobilizing internal
and external resources to implement growth objectives.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- R1. Sales Growth; required to drive sales in line with agreed
targets. Identify the opportunities to increase customer profitability
for a sustainable and profitable mutual growth.
- R2. Budgeting and Planning; Participate in the budgeting process
to define the annual sales budget and medium targets for the areas of
- R3. Customer Management; Develop, at different levels, a
transverse relationship with the customer and ensure Strategic
alignment. Understand the Customer activity (competitive environment,
growth strategy, productivity, profitability). Identify the Customer
needs and drive opportunities in agreement with the processing sales
- R4. Strategy Execution; Develop and execute the local strategies for the food categories, cosmetic and E &D
- R5. Drive productivity; Utilize the mandatory global processes and tools
Required Working Relationship
- Processing Director
- Pre-project engineering Manager and Technical Service and Sales Manager
- Carton Technical Service Technicians, Engineers and TKAM’s
- Managerial and sales contacts in the cluster
- Automation and technical support staff in TPPS Sweden
- Customers operations staff, from production manager to machine operators
- Customers engineering and maintenance staff
- Sub-contractors / Suppliers
- A Bachelor / University degree in any Engineering degree and you
have at least 5 years experience in Sales and/or Customer Management,
preferable cross functional.
Job Title: Operational Marketing Director
Job Ref.: PTPOMD 02
Department: Marketing and Sales
Reports to: Managing Director
- Responsible and accountable for driving Market activities in
Nigeria. Member of client’s West Africa management team. Lead Marketing
Managers to effectively work with customers to promote client’s
- Ensures voice of market to Cluster and Global teams.
- The incumbent will be responsible and accountable for driving marketing activities within the market company.
- He/She will be a member of the market company management team,
leading marketing managers to effectively work with customers to
further the business. Will ensure voice of market to Cluster and Global
- The incumbent will require good communication skills and will
be an experienced leader who is able to work in both informal and
- This position offers a good overview of the client company
which will afford the incumbent the opportunity to develop
himself/herself in his/her career.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Lead operational marketing activities in the management committee:
- Support Account Plan Development in alignment with Cluster Initiatives
- Support Account Plan Execution in alignment with Cluster and market Initiatives
- Plan marketing activities in the market company
- Deliver marketing services per customer according to account
plans and customer needs drawing materials and methodologies from
Central / cluster
- Execute marketing activities in the market company
- Deploy and execute cluster strategy in the markets
- Work closely with customers to secure strategic alignment and deliver best customer value:
- Builds top to top relations with key accounts and secures understanding of customer’s marketing priorities
- Product deployment implementation
- Category leadership execution & follow up
- Strengthen carton relevance
- Drive cluster focus through resource sharing and best practice implementation.
Drive Market Leadership:
- Lead the Management Committee Business Development Plan,
focusing on the identified Management Committee initiatives and
cascading up to Cluster Management.
- Utilize portfolio segmentation data to identify local opportunities within Management Committee.
- Ensure Marketing Activities leverage in full the 4 P’s
Management Committee Portfolio Management:
- Implement the Cluster Programmable Logic Controller plan by
product including new product deployment plans. (Product & Service)
- Recommend the required portfolio training programs across the Management Committee organisation, lead by example
- Share portfolio needs with Central team via Cluster Portfolio team.
- Ensure marketing and sales & distribution solutions readiness to deploy new product
- Integrate the product/portfolio plans into account plans
Apply market and business intelligence to market company opportunities:
- Utilise market and business intelligence output from cluster
team to prioritise Management Committee business opportunities and
develop execution plans – provide two way communication between cluster
- Utilise value research data and information to support development of opportunities
- Define intelligence requirements for market and liaise with
cluster business intelligence supporting research projects as needed.
Analyse and use research data with customers.
Management Committee Promotional Investment:
- Align and execute the agreed promotional investments with category plans, account plans and/or environmental initiatives
- Propose the annual marketing activities and budget for market company for submission to cluster
- Drive execution of marketing activities for market company
- Support the marketing activities execution within the Marketing and Product Management function
- Control marketing expenditures within the budgeted framework
Qualifications, Professional Skills and Experience
- University degree in Marketing or Business Administration.
- Fluent in English both in speaking and writing
- At least 7-15 year experience in the FMCG industry
- Brands and product portfolio management
- Good understanding of international trade
- Strong negotiation skills both internally and externally
- Portfolio and Category knowledge
- Full understanding of value chain management and costing
- Strong leadership skills
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to coordinate cross functional teams
- Ability to motivate specialists
- Driving win-win solutions
- Strong in issue resolutions
- Ability to rank priorities
- High communicative skills, responsible attitude
- Ability to work on one’s own
- To succeed in this position you should have strong interpersonal
skills, a positive attitude, and a desire to continuously improve the
way we deliver value to our customers. Be flexible and able to adapt to
new cultures and environment.
- As above
- Any other tasks assigned by your Manager
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and application letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title and reference above as subject.
Application Deadline 9th September, 2016.