2 Sep 2016
Lagos State Government Health Management Agency Vacancy for a General Manager
administration of a universal health scheme aimed at fostering the development of an equitable, efficient and sustainable healthcare system for all Lagos State residents.
The Ministry is seeking to engage candidates who would function as Chief Executive Officer of the soon-to-be established Agency in the capacity below:
Job Title: General Manager - LASG Health Management Agency
Ref #: HMA001
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Company: Lagos State Government
Industry / Sector: Health Insurance
Detailed Job Description
- Reporting to the Agency's Governing Board, the successful candidate will have overall responsibility to establish the Agency and deliver the state healthcare scheme in order to provide world-class health care coverage to residents of Lagos State within agreed objectives of time, cost and quality.
- The General Manager shall serve for a term of four (4) years, renewable for one more term only.
- Develop and recommend a comprehensive strategy for the Agency and lead the articulation of plans to achieve it.
- Facilitate the delivery of high standard health care services for patients covered under the Agency's health plans.
- Maintain and build relations with other Ministries, Departments and Agencies of Governments, Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs), Mutual Health Association (MHAs), National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS), and other relevant bodies required to improve care pathways for patients.
- Deliver a credible, robust and sustainable enrolment strategy to ensure universal coverage in the State.
- Ensure the development and implementation of relevant structures (process, internal controls, people and technology systems) to support the achievement of the Agency's vision, goals and objectives.
- Experience in health insurance and managing healthcare insurance funds in Nigeria and Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Strong team player.
- Politically savvy.
- Wide knowledge of contract management, demand planning, budget/cost management, business case development, workforce planning and performance management.
- First degree in Healthcare professional qualification or Numerate Sciences with a minimum of second class upper division grade.
- Postgraduate degree in health financing or health economics.
- Relevant professional qualification and membership of a healthcare and/or insurance professional body is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
In addition, please send by email a CV and a cover letter detailing your interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Role and Code stated in the subject or title line of the email
Note: All applications will be treated in confidence. Only eligible candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 12th September, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.