26 Sep 2016
Legal Counsel Job in an Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Company in Nigeria
Job Title: Legal Counsel
Purpose of role
The company secretary ensures that an organization complies with relevant legislation and regulation, and keeps board members informed of their legal responsibilities.
- Provide legal counsel to the Company in relation to new ventures by assisting in due diligence, structuring of the transaction, drafting key agreements and managing external legal counsel
- Provide accurate and timely counsel to Management on a variety of legal topics
- Conduct contract negotiation and review, risk management and control.
- Research and evaluate different risk factors (legal exposure) regarding business decisions and operations.
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authorities etc.) as needed.
- Provide high level support to the Legal department on corporate affairs and company secretarial matters and ensure statutory compliance with the requirements under Nigerian Company Law and the Alternative Investment Market.
- Bachelor's degree in Law or a Juris Doctor degree (Masters in Law degree beneficial)
- Nigerian Law School required. Member of the Nigerian Bar Association
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, teamed with the ability to build relationships and deal with people at all levels within and outside the organization
- Excellent knowledge of corporate law in Nigeria, UK and US
- At least 8 years of legal experience working in a law firm or an oil and gas company
- Experience working in the Nigerian legal system
- Must have strong experience in the oil and gas sector (E&P preferably)
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this role please email a copy of your CV in WORD FORMAT with subject as Legal Counsel to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.