2 Sep 2016
Logistics Coordinator Job at Solidarités International
Borno state and Abuja. Additionally, SI registration in Nigeria is ongoing with the help of a local lawyer.
SI three-legged emergency strategy :
- A multisectoral intervention in the most vulnerable wards/neighbourhoods of Maiduguri town and outskirts: focused on IDPs in host communities and inspired from the “neighbourhood approach”, this axis would allow the implementation of non-blanket, vulnerability-oriented and area-tailored assistance. On later stage, this approach could also shift to an early-recovery support.
- An emergency multisectoral assessment capacity in remote Local Governmental Areas (LGAs): RRM-inspired, and taking into consideration Borno State-related security and access situation, this axis would allow the provision of concrete, response-sizing oriented data to the humanitarian community, in strong coordination with mapping and coordination actors (OCHA, IOM database, Intersos interactive mapping database).
- Rapid response mechanism in IDPs camp-like settings outside Maiduguri: subsequently to the assessment axis, SI is aiming at covering the basic needs of displaced and non-displaced populations pockets in Borno most affected LGAs, in completion of ICRC’s current one-shot coverage.
The mission has one coordination based in Abuja, composed of one Head of Mission, one administrative coordinator and one program coordinator. The project will be based in Maiduguri and implemented by an expatriate project manager, with a field coordinator, as well as a one month support from a MEAL coordinator. The support team will be composed in Maiduguri of one administrator and one logistic coordinator.
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
About the job
- The logistics coordinator pilot logistics activities of the mission to ensure the smooth running of SI programs in the country.
- He supports the head of mission in the operational safety.
- He is the referent on the mission and the link between headquarters and the mission for any issue related to logistics.
- He ensures the implementation of SI procedures and logistics tools on the mission and ensure their compliance and their proper use.
- He helps define the mission strategy, drafting and design projects necessary means and activities SI.
SI three folded operational strategy is divided has been thought to adapt to changing context and access. It will balance a direct intervention in accessible areas (Maiduguri city) and remote operations through a network of collaborators in non-covered outer LGAs, with potential ad hoc movements from the expatriates on site, would security conditions allow it.
This strategy takes into consideration access constraints, security restrictions, logistics issues and sensitivity of the different stakeholders.
In this opening and operationalization phase, the Logistic coordinator will be based in Maiduguri with frequent movements to Abuja, and will aim at managing both the support to the ongoing in Maiduguri, and the set up of a coordination base in Abuja.
This challenging mission will focus on three priorities
- In strong relation with PMs and with the field coordinator, manage and implement the purchase plan for Borno’s intervention
- In strong relation with the Head of mission, design and implement the logistic and security setup of the mission, with a focus on the identification of national collaborators profiles.
- Anticipate and prepare the logistic scale up of the mission for a second phase, with a prioritization put on the recruitment of national senior managers.
Education and experience
- Technical education or significant experience in the logistic sector
- Previous experience as a Log coordinator (1 year) a prerequisite
- Previous experience as a base log manager (1 year) a prerequisite
- Experience in mission opening, preferably within SI, appreciated
- Expertise on local procurement
- Good and proven writing and spoke English are required
- Transferable skills in program appreciated
- Knowledge and experience of the Chad Lake basin area appreciated
- Multi-project support experience
- Anticipation and self-organization capacities
- Great work capacity and stress management
- Capacity to work in complex and volatile environments
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Skill transfer ability highly appreciated
SI will offer you:
A salaried post: according to experience from 2000 euros gross per month, plus 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly, and a monthly Per Diem of 750 USD.
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
How to apply:Application process
Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
Click Here to Apply
NB : The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.