MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient
people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining
MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part
of something big.
MainOne Cable is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Project Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Unit: Capital Projects
Reporting Line: Project Management Supervisor
- The Project Engineer will be responsible for Technical Project supervision and supports as may be assigned from time to time.
- Reporting to the Project Management Supervisor, he is required
to have a strong CAD design skills in order to create and draft all
required 2D/3D project designs and drawings as may be needed by the
Capital Projects and Data Centre teams.
- Will be responsible for site supervision and work progress reports including performing quality checks and controls.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Concept design and development of projects & infrastructure
for the Capital Project Team or as may be required within the
- Supervision of Mechanical, Electrical and Civil Works Monitoring
& reporting daily Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) work
activities on site.
- Ensure that all assigned work carried out complies with company
design, safety, quality, environmental compliance and procedural
- Supervising assigned projects and conducting ATP (Acceptance Test Procedures) on equipment and projects.
- Responsible for safe keeping and easy retrieval of printed project documents.
- Keep track of installations & ensure alignment with approved scope and design drawings
- Ensure quality of work, construction, terminations, piping, installation etc. with great attention to detail
- Ensure quality of materials for conformance with approved
specifications and regulations and supervising test of materials when
- Any additional project supervision and tasks as assigned by the Head, Capital Projects.
- To work directly with the Project Management Supervisor.
- Other Project Engineers and PMs, Facilities Engineers, CLS and MDXi Engineers
- B.Sc. /B.Tech degree or HND preferably in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS-Visio and any of the other 2d/3D design software is mandatory.
- Proficiency with REVIT, Photoshop and In-design CAD software,
Sketch up, Word and Excel software and other design packages, programs
- Technical knowledge with an engineering background.
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving skills.
- Great attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong team work, communication and presentation skills.
- Minimum of 4-6 years in Mechanical or Building Services
/Facilities engineering with a track record of site supervision
- Project Experience including supervision of (Mechanical & Electrical) M&E works.
- Ability to design, develop and engineer high quality models using 2D and 3D CAD software and tools.
Demands on the job:
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and willingness to visit project sites and supervise works as may when required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Note: When the page opens, click on “Project Engineer”