Marie Stopes International (MSI) is the leading international family
planning/Reproductive Health Organizations in the world. We are results
oriented social enterprise that develops efficient, effective and
sustainable family planning/reproductive health programmes around the
Marie Stopes International organization, Nigeria (MSION), a partner of
the MSI, is currently undertaking a dramatic scale-up of health service
delivery for low income women and couples in Nigeria under the AHME
project. This includes expanding health services offered within the
BlueStar network, clinics and rural Outreach programs. MSION aims to
reduce maternal, newborn and child health morbidity and mortality
through provision of high quality BEMONC, ANC/PNC and IMCI services. The
AHME project supports this objective and intends to strengthen existing
health systems within the private health sector through the Vision,
Mission and Goals of MSION.
Marie Stopes International is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Coordinator (AHME)
Location: Ogun State
Specific Purpose of the Job
- To build, promote and sustain healthy businesses of facility
providers by building their capacity for sustainability within the
- The AHME Operations Coordinator is a key member of AHME core
team in Ogun state and will work closely with other team members to
achieve the AHME objectives.
- These include but are not limited to social franchising, donor
project implementation and relationship management partnership
management with partner institutions, and engaging with the Ogun state
Ministry of health on a daily basis.
- He/she will work with the programme manager, to provide support
for achieving programme deliverables, sustainability, effective
management, high productivity and implementation.
- He/she leads in coordination, and execution of the AHME
deliverables in the state. Ensures financial, administrative and
logistical resources are used judiciously to achieve AHME goals.
- The Coordinator is responsible for supporting the delivery of
strategic targeted coordination to management (field implementation,
financial, and administrative), and implementation of the African health
markets for equity (AHME) project in Ogun state.
- She/he support the programme management in driving AHME
activities in the state to ensure effective implementation, continual
improvement and strengthening of the project objectives. He/she will
provide support towards achieving the state health insurance scheme
goals amongst other AHME deliverables.
- Conduct Business management trainings to all providers and
provide support to creating health businesses as directed by the medical
- Attend monthly meetings with the state, partners and provide quality feedback.
- Ensure project objectives are being met and ensuring work with the state teams are working.
- Drive the process to ensure providers run and grow viable businesses.
- Undertake business sustainability assessment of private providers on national health insurance/state health insurance scheme.
- Develop and roll out a training plan to providers in the social
franchise networks in Ogun state. Conduct annual session with SFNs to
develop a work plan to realize business development and credit
- Provide support to the third party administrator in the state.
Support in the development and maintenance of active database with all
private health facilities in the state for mapping, orientation and
- Proven excellent technical oral, written, and editing abilities
- Ability to present and write for multiple audiences
- Should be able to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres
- Strong people management skills
- Strategic guidance and planning skills
- Report writing
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work well with others in team environments
- Must be able to satisfy stakeholders
- Masters in degree in; Development Studies, Public Health, Social
Enterprise, Health Financing/Insurance background will be a plus.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills
including capacities to liaise with government stakeholders, policy
analysts, and different professional bodies within the health sector. **
- Minimum 4 years of experience in project implementation position in an NGO/not- for profit workplace.
- Experience from working in complex project frameworks
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and suitability statement as a single attachment to: email@example.com
- The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE/LOCATION
and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice.
- MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to
achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are
encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline 29th September, 2016.