For more than 30 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable
improvements in health-for-all policies. Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations. MdM currently works in 40 countries across all continents where it focuses on 4 priority areas: caring for the health of migrants and displaced persons, promoting sexual and reproductive health, combating HIV and reducing the harm and risks associated with drug use, crises and conflicts.
In Nigeria, violence in the northeast has caused massive displacement and at the same time restricted movement: it has disrupted food supplies, seriously hindered access to basic services, and limited agricultural activities. People affected by violence in Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe, and neighbouring Bauchi, Taraba, and Gombe states are in urgent need of protection, shelter, food, and access to health services and education.
MdM is starting an emergency response to this crisis, in the Borno state and is looking for experienced human resources to join its team on the field in the coming weeks.
JOB TITLE: General Coordinator
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As the general coordinator, you will be in charge of designing and supervising the implementation of MdM’s operational strategy in Nigeria. You will be in charge of consolidating the projects. You will ensure the delivery of quality programs, donor and government relations, fundraising and budget management, security and operations management, and developing a motivated and professional team.
- You report directly to the desk officer in HQ.
- You manage the coordination team and ensure the management of the mission. You ensure briefing and follow up of teams in Nigeria, including security and program briefings for new arrivals.
- You ensure regular interaction, information sharing, and collaboration with other humanitarian actors in Nigeria (UN agencies, INGOs, local NGOs), and in particular with the medical organizations with similar programs.
- You monitor the security situation, in collaboration with the Logistician coordinator.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee
Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 3 months
The position is based in Abuja with movements to Maiduguri
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- You have extensive experience in a similar position
- You are able to have a global overview of a program
- You have excellent communication, listening and diplomacy skills
- An experience in managing a health program is an asset
- You are able to listen and share decisions as well as to take effective decisions according to the context
- You show flexibility, reactivity, anticipation and adaptability
- You are well organized
- You are a leader and a team player
- You show respectful, diplomatic and excellent behavior
- English : fluent
- French : is an asset
- You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply