Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, formerly Federal
University of Agriculture, Umudike, was established as a specialized
University by the Federal Government of Nigeria via Act
No 48 of 2nd
November 1992. It began formal activities in My 1993 with the
appointment of the first Governing Council and Vice-Chancellor.
The Institution is located in the well-known Agricultural Training and
Research town of Umudike about 9 kilometres from Umuahia town, the
capital of Abia State. The major link road to the University is the
Umuahia-Ikot Ekpene Federal Road a direct route to the State Capitals of
Abia, Akwa-ibom and Cross River States. Being close to Umuahia the
University is linked through a major North-South Express Road to most
parts of the country.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Director of Sports
- The Director is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the
day-to-day administration and coordination of activities of the Sports
- The candidate must possess at least a good Bachelor’s degree in
Physical Education or related discipline from a recognized University
plus a minimum of Twenty-One (21) years cognate experience, five (5) of
which should be at a level not below the rank of Deputy Director of
Sports in a University or a similar institution.
- The position is for a tenure of five (5) years.
- Candidates for the post must show considerable degree of
competence, responsiveness and demonstrable integrity for the running of
Sports Directorate of the University.
CONTISS 15: (#4,058,263.00 – #5,316,520.00)
Job Title: Principal – Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Demonstration Secondary School, Umudike
- The Principal is the head of the University Demonstration
Secondary School and responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the
day-to-day running of the affairs of the School.
- Candidates must show considerable competence, responsiveness and
demonstrable integrity in running the affairs of a standard Secondary
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in
Education with at least Fifteen (15) years cognate experience of which
five (5) years must be at the level not below Vice-Principal in a
Government-owned Secondary School.
- Candidate must not be above Fifty-five (55) years.
- The appointment is for a tenure of five (5) years. However,
retired Principals from reputable Government Schools who are not more
than sixty (60) years may apply on Contract basis.
CONTISS 14: (#3,363,134.00 – #4,462,271.00)
Job Title: Chief Security Officer
- Universities are ever changing entities and therefore are targets for both small scale and professional criminal activities.
- The security objective is therefore to be prepared and be able
to respond to security challenges as they occur and where possible plan
for and take preventive measures.
- Consequently, the Chief Security Officer (CSO) who shall be
responsible to the Vice-Chancellor/Chief Executive for day-to-day
security of the University would amongst other duties perform the
- Development and implementation of security policies and code of conduct.
- Provision of professional advice to ensure that strategies adopted meet all internal and external service delivery requirements.
- Managing crisis and resolving complex risk issues and
mitigating activities in response to security related emergency
- The candidate must possess at least a good honours degree with
bias in Social Sciences/Humanities with proven knowledge of group
- Possession of basic knowledge of ICT application will be an
added advantage. In addition, applicant must have at least Fifteen (15)
years cognate experience in recognized tertiary institutions or national
security establishment and not below the rank of Captain (Rtd.) in the
Army, Deputy Superintendent of Police (Rtd.) or Deputy Chief Security
Officer in a Tertiary Institution.
- Candidate must not be over Fifty (50) years of age at the time
of appointment. The appointment is for a tenure of five (5) years.
However, retired Officer from reputable Security Agencies who are not
more than fifty-five (55) years may apply on Contract basis.
- Candidates for the post must have exhibited considerable degree
of competence, responsiveness and demonstrable integrity in security
matters in a University or similar organization.
- Applicant must be in good health to be able to endure the rigours of the duties of a Chief Security Officer.
CONTISS 12: (#2,025,517.00 – #2,838,325.00)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should forward Fifteen (15) copies of
type-written Application with Curriculum Vitae in the following order:
- Full Name (Surname first)
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth and State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address (Not P.O. Box or P.M.B.)
- Marital Status
- Name and Address of spouse (If married)
- Number of Children with Names and Ages
- Next of Kin
- Institutions Attended with Qualifications and Dates
- Employment History with Dates and Status
- Present Status
- Salary Scale
Name and Address of three Referees who must be requested by the
applicant to forward and marked confidential: at the top left hand
corner of the envelope reports to:
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike,
Applicants should forward their correspondence to:
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike,
Note: Position applied must be written at the top left hand of the envelope, and reach the Registrar before the closing date.
Application Deadline 18th October, 2016.