24 Sep 2016
Monitoring & Evaluation Adviser Job at Save the Children Nigeria
education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
Save the Children is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: M&E Adviser
Location: Zamfara, ZA, Nigeria
- The post will involve coordination with project management and state teams in line with DFID reporting requirements for the WINNN programme with SC guidelines and best practices.
- Ensure quality implementation of the M&E plan for DFID funded Improving Nutrition in Northern Nigeria Programme, including monitor progress against activity and critical milestones as well as providing support and guidance to STAs, LTAs and Government counterparts in all implementing states.
- To assume a lead technical role in developing, implementing, and maintaining effective and appropriate Monitoring and Evaluation systems for all Nutrition activities.
Objective 1: Build capacities of MOH staff on M&E:
- Support identification of requirements for building the capacity of staff at the state and local government level to assess policy and programming outcomes
- Support and coach SNO and LGA PHC teams to supervise activities, ensuring quality and trustfulness of data at the facility and community level
- Support SNO and LGA PHC department on data compilation, analysis and reporting, ensuring programme data informs strategy and implementation
- In collaboration with SNO and LGA PHC team provide on the job training and coaching for staff in the facilities, assessment of capacity (technical and infrastructure) of SPHCDA and the 3 WINNN LGAs M&E, Development of capacity building plan and implementation of such plans for state and LGA M&E and Training of all State and LGAs on DQA.
- Provide training on M&E for MOH programme managers (SNO and LGA PHC team: LGA Nutrition Focal Point, M&E Officer, Health Educator, PHC coordinator, etc)
- Support SNO and LGA PHC team to provide training on M&E to programme implementers (communities, facilities staff)
- Identify training needs and train staff according to programme plan or ad-hoc
- Provide day-to-day technical support and advice to STAs and LTAs to ensure adherence to common frameworks and validity and accuracy of data collected
- Participate in the preparation of programme monitoring and evaluation tools
- In collaboration with MOH and relevant SC staff ensure timely data compilation and reporting according to programme M&E plan
- Support programme feedback meetings to communities, facilities and authorities
- Evaluate regularly the impact of the activities and propose changes for improvement
- Improvement on quality of MNCHW Data in Zamfara state.
- Carry out regular data quality assessments according to M&E plan
- Ensure M&E tools are always available at the implementation level
- Provide quality reports to the State TA according to the defined M&E plan
- Ensure regular communication and sharing of constraints/successes with State TA
- In collaboration with the State counterpart, prepare monthly summaries for submission to authorities with validation of State TA.
- Participate and collaborate for effective coordination within the programme (i.e. with state and other targeted LGAs).
- Participate in meetings, training and other assessment/events as required by the State TA
- Ensure that office policies and procedures are adhered to by reporting to the base Manager on operational issues
- Contribute to strategy formulation for progress of the programme in consultation with the State/LGA teams and other stakeholders linked to M&E.
- In collaboration with other technical staff, provide support and advise to other projects or activities of the country programme such as Advocacy, Protection, Health, OVC and to the Every last Child campaign
- Support data quality assessment for the programme
- Ensure that the project’s M&E system is well linked and/or integrated with overall M&E systems for the SC Nigeria Country Program.
- Develop programme learning drives for programme reports and documentations
- Keeps record of information obtained during research (database of information, hard files, etc.)
- Sharing of information obtained with communities, children, and Government stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism.
- Conduct literature research and support process and impact evaluations as required
- Analyse information about the programme and make recommendations for improvement.
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- designing more effective admin systems
- willing to take disciplined risks
- honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
- Advanced training in quantitative methodologies, including database management.
- 5 years of direct experience of monitoring and evaluation related to one or more of these fields: health, nutrition and/ or economics.
- Strong analytical skills, and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning.
- Demonstrated ability to design, commission, and manage assessment methodologies and evaluation.
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal). The ability to analyse complex data and summarise it for a range of different audiences.
- Experience of working within budget constraints.
- Commitment to SC’s mission, values and approach (includes child protection, equal opportunities and health and safety).
- Commitment to support cross organisational initiatives.
- Commitment to team working and understanding of how to contribute.
- Ability to operate within a predominantly administratively self-servicing environment.
- Experience of cost benefit analysis, economic appraisal or other value for money methodologies.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others.
- Proven ability to coordinate effective resource allocation to ensure quality programmes.
- Sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate and to set priorities, manageable workplans and evaluate progress.
- Professional qualification at postgraduate level or equivalent in economics or related discipline
- Experience working with Nutrition or Health programmes
- Experience of qualitative research techniques
- Experience in international development
- This post will be based in Zamfara with frequent travel to other implementing States.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 7th October, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.