Education Development Center (EDC) is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development
firms. EDC designs, implements and evaluates programs to improve
education, health, and economic opportunity worldwide. Collaborating
with both public and private partners, we strive for a world where all
people are empowered to live healthy, productive lives.
The USAID/Nigeria’s Northern Education Initiative Plus project, being
implemented by Creative Associates and EDC, works to improve the
quality of and access to education in Northern Nigeria.
Job Title: Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Project: USAID/NIGERIA’S NORTHERN EDUCATION INITATIVE PLUS
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist is responsible for establishing and
management of all activities related to tracking the progress of the
program results, indicators and targets. This position will ensure that
performance monitoring, action research and evaluations meet all program
requirements and will track progress of program activities. He/she is
responsible for the overall design and implementation of a monitoring
and evaluation systems capable of tracking the project’s progress
against identified targets and determining its outcomes. In this
capacity, the Senior M&E Specialist will design data collection
procedures, tools, and process as well as oversee data collection
efforts. This position is based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Has overall responsibility for leading and managing all major
M&E tasks related to the project. This includes strategizing and
conceiving monitoring and evaluations, setting ongoing priorities;
leading implementation, and reviewing technical progress of M&E
- Implements monitoring and evaluation process including data analysis and reporting.
- Ensures that the methodologies proposed to measure the programs
impact on access, retention, reading and learning outcomes, school
safety, community engagement, gender, disability-inclusive, and conflict
sensitive measures, are consistent and systematically tracked and
- Creates and updates a comprehensive M&E plan to ensure all
requisite data is collected in a timely manner in order to report
progress toward performance indicators. This includes routine
(monthly/quarterly) appraisal of performance against targets, challenges
to achievement as well as reasons for success.
- Creates a comprehensive data collection plan, including generation
of forms, collection procedures, collection schedule and rapid appraisal
of data (timely data monitoring).
- Routinely analyzes implementation data and proposing performance
targets to project leadership per USAID indicator to ensure progress is
- Ensures correct compilation of data and database management.
- Overall management and oversight of M&E agents. This includes
conducting regular meetings with M&E Field Officers to improve
M&E system and reinforcing capacities of M&E agents.
- Participates in data analysis for quarterly and annual reports and
drafting data analysis sections. Prepares presentations of data for
specific audiences as needed
- Conceives of, organizes and conducts research as needed on identified topics in support of program objectives.
- Candidates for this position must have at least eight years designing, monitoring and evaluating programs.
- Experience working with education programs is STRONGLY preferred.
- Candidates must demonstrate success and experience in monitoring
results and indicators of education quality, learning outcomes, access,
retention and community engagement.
- Proficiency in Hausa preferred.
- The candidate must have a Master’s Degree in the social sciences or related field.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
EDC is committed to diversity in the workplace.