client is a leading reputable pharmaceutical company, into the
manufacturing and marketing of pharmaceuticals, agro, and cosmetics. Our
client has large network of distributors in all major towns and cities
in Nigeria and is seeking to expand their team with the addition of a National Sales Manager.
Job Title: National Sales Manager
Job REF: PBNSM 01
looking to recruit an experienced individual with a proven sales
background for our client to fulfill this dynamic role. The successful
individual will oversee and contribute to our client’s fast expanding
business across the country. More details below.
To lead and guide a team of Sales People in an
organization. Set sales goals and targets, build a sales plan, analyse
data, assign sales territories, plan sales training and mentor the
members of his/her sales team, build and maintain a high performance
sales organization to effectively achieve business objectives.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Meets National sales financial objectives by forecasting
requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures;
analysing variances; and initiating corrective actions.
- Create and implement effective sales strategies and lead
nationwide Company sales representatives toward achievement of
corporate sales objectives.
Provide leadership through effective communication of
vision, active coaching and development, sales management, budget
control, compensation programs and incentive planning, while comparing
sales results to goals and taking appropriate action to correct when
- Provide supervision through field visits, observations
and measurement of results to include performance appraisals and salary
- Proactively identify changes in healthcare delivery
systems, and competitive pressures to develop and modify strategies and
tactics accordingly. Collecting customer feedback and market research
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
- Manage to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual
sales forecasts. Compiling and analysing sales figures. Monitoring your
team’s performance and motivating them to reach targets
- Establishing, maintaining and expanding your customer
base. Strengthening existing pharmacy, health centre, distribution
network and its augmentation.
- Possibly dealing with some major customer accounts yourself.
- Building competent, effective, and efficient and result oriented sales organization.
- Coordination with manufacturing, and supply chain function on availability and delivery of products.
- Dealing with commercial activities pertaining to sales
and marketing functions, credit policy, controlling bills/receivables,
incentive schemes, etc.
- Establish effective relationships and collaborations
with other departments (Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, etc.) to
address key business issues and opportunities.
- Supervise and attend clinical meetings, seminars, and conferences as appropriate.
- Manages accounts receivables and ensures collections.
- Develop and supervise a strategic business plan in order to meet or exceed allocated sales targets.
- Develop long-term profitable customer relations through effective negotiation and relationship building techniques.
- Establishes sales objectives by creating a sales plan
and targets for regions/territories in support of national objectives.
Increasing business opportunities through various routes to market.
- Maintains and expands customer base by counselling
company sales representatives; building and maintaining rapport with key
customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
- Implements trade promotions by publishing, tracking, and evaluating trade spending.
Experience and Qualification
- BSc/ HND in applied/biological sciences
- Possession of an MBA is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience, with at least 5 years on a managerial position in pharmaceutical sales and marketing
- Must be adaptable, high spirit of enthusiasm and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Sound product knowledge
- Sound knowledge of the channels of sales.
- Because of the broad nature of the territory, the holder must demonstrate capacity to make travel decisions at short notice.
- The holder is expected to understand national regulatory
requirements (NAFDAC, PCN) concerning pharmaceutical marketing and
pharmacovigilance for on-the-spot defence of our practice and quality
- Capacity to be result focused, drive performance objective and deliver revenue.
- As a result of the perseverance and extra attention the job requires, the holder will have to work extended hours each day.
- Also as a result of complex nature of the different
types of customers involved with, the holder must demonstrate high level
of interpersonal skills.
- Any other tasks assigned by the MD/CEO.
How to Apply
All interested candidates should send in their CVs and applications to email@example.com quoting the job title and reference above as subject.
Please click on the job title to view the detailed job description.
Application Deadline: Friday 7th October 2016.